    Her - "Where's the cat?"
    Him - "What cat?"
    Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

    SeventhStranger, Jul 11, 2004

  2. SeventhStranger

    Elco Guest

    "SeventhStranger" <> schreef in bericht
    news:wlcIc.813$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running Win XP and have tried (on numerous occasions) to install the
    > latest version of MSN Messenger.
    >
    > It installs OK but when I run it, it reverts back to version 4 and not
    > version 6 which I have just installed.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > --
    > Jayne
    >
    > Her - "Where's the cat?"
    > Him - "What cat?"
    > Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

    msn mess.. is not the same as windows mess...
    http://ask-leo.com/archives/000017.html

    http://grc.com/stm/ShootTheMessenger.htm

    --
    grtz......Elco

    Elco, Jul 11, 2004

  3. SeventhStranger

    Elco Guest

    Elco, Jul 11, 2004
  4. SeventhStranger

    Scraggy Guest

    SeventhStranger wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running Win XP and have tried (on numerous occasions) to install
    > the latest version of MSN Messenger.
    >
    > It installs OK but when I run it, it reverts back to version 4 and not
    > version 6 which I have just installed.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > Many thanks

    Windows Messenger(4.7) is integral to your system and will start from icons
    that show " Windows Messenger" usually found in Start>All Programs.
    MSN Messenger(6.2 is latest version) will start from icon(s) labelled MSN
    Messenger 6.2. It sounds as if your system is set to start 4.7 at system
    boot. You need to go Tools>Options>Preferences and uncheck "Run this prog
    when system starts" then enable Messenger 6.2 if you so wish.

    HTH

    --
    "Traditionally most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
    Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery.

    Scraggy, Jul 11, 2004