msn messenger virus, spyware or adware

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brad, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    hi all,
    when i usem messenger, it's been reloaded many times but when in
    conversation it adds
    is it gone

    ....http://www.xf2s.com/msn/wode.jpgtX.

    after my name

    i ran all possible spyware/adware programs and antivirus software but it
    still appears after my username

    can anyone plz help

    and yes, the name is just brad nuttin else

    TIA,

    brad

    Brad, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Brad

    Doug Guest

    it appears you have a possible virus. I searched online and found some
    details that might help

    http://www.happy-messaging.com/messenger/virus/
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99077.htm

    Also I would recommend a online virus scan to confirm,

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9913

    Also try a program called HijackThis
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html