    could you please help me to deactivate it or completely remove from the
    system.

    Thanx for your help

    Volodymyr Danishevskiy, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Volodymyr Danishevskiy

    Sunny Guest

    "Volodymyr Danishevskiy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm running MS Windows XP Home and have a following problem:
    >
    > the uninstall of Messanger is not possible, i tried to do it but i

    couldn't
    > could you please help me to deactivate it or completely remove from the
    > system.

    Remove Messenger : Copy/Paste into "run" box :
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    Sunny, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Volodymyr Danishevskiy

    ICee Guest

    Volodymyr Danishevskiy wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm running MS Windows XP Home and have a following problem:
    >
    > the uninstall of Messanger is not possible, i tried to do it but i
    > couldn't could you please help me to deactivate it or completely
    > remove from the system.
    >

    > Thanx for your help

    "Shoot The Messenger"
    http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

    ICee, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Volodymyr Danishevskiy

    code_wrong Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in message

    > "Volodymyr Danishevskiy" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I'm running MS Windows XP Home and have a following problem:
    > >
    > > the uninstall of Messanger is not possible, i tried to do it but i

    > couldn't
    > > could you please help me to deactivate it or completely remove from the
    > > system.

    > Remove Messenger : Copy/Paste into "run" box :
    > RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    yes that should work ..wish I understood the command though ..
    I did it a different way as outlined in the second part of this page:
    http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm
    Then after a while I re-installed it and it behaved much better
    probably because I signed up for a passport and set it not
    to run on boot .. and not to lurk in the background either!
    Anyway ..expect it to re-appear in any other account you subsequently
    set up in XP ..

    code_wrong, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Volodymyr Danishevskiy

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Volodymyr Danishevskiy

    Scraggy Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > Volodymyr Danishevskiy wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I'm running MS Windows XP Home and have a following problem:
    >>
    >> the uninstall of Messanger is not possible, i tried to do it but i
    >> couldn't could you please help me to deactivate it or completely
    >> remove from the system.
    >>

    >> Thanx for your help

    > "Shoot The Messenger"
    > http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

    Wrong Messenger.
    --
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
    boxing. -- Emo Philips

    Scraggy, Aug 27, 2004