    Each one can see and talk to each other?

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui

    Bun Mui, Nov 10, 2004

  2. "Bun Mui" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I wish to use my Creative webcam to video conference wirh someone who
    > has a logtech webcam.
    >
    > Does it matter whether one party uses Msn Messenger or Windows Messenger ?
    >
    > They will stil both work right?
    >
    > I have trouble in connecting video cam. I think because both parties
    > have XP Firewall enabled.
    >
    > Is there a way to set XP Firewall enabled yet webcam will work for both
    > parties.
    > Each one can see and talk to each other?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bun Mui

    To the best of my knowledge having both programs and using them regularly
    for video sessions, both parties must be using the same program.
    If not an alert comes up when you try to connect saying something to the
    effect that the other person does not have the correct software.

    You should only have to tell the Firewall to allow the particular program to
    have access (via the Security Center page in the control panel)every time it
    tries to gain access to the net and that should be it. Thats all I had to do

    HTH

    Dr Hackenbush, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Bun Mui

    WormWood Guest

    "Bun Mui" <> wrote in message
    |I wish to use my Creative webcam to video conference wirh someone who
    | has a logtech webcam.
    |
    | Does it matter whether one party uses Msn Messenger or Windows
    Messenger ?

    | They will stil both work right?

    MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger are not the same thing; Windows
    Messenger is the corporate client allowing connection to instant
    messenger servers on your local network such as Microsoft Exchange IM
    Server or Microsoft Live Communcation Server (SIP). MSN Messenger is
    more of the home client allowing you to send messages to mobile devices
    and have real time alerts to new email if you are using a hotmail
    account, Since MSN 6.0 it has also included a much more 'fun' user
    interface and features to match.

    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/messenger/messenger.php#dif

    I bet you could have found this by googling.

    WormWood, Nov 10, 2004