    When I click Repair, I am able to connect but then the following time I log
    on have to do the test troubleshoot again. This happens even if I exit Zone
    Alarm.

    ASA V, May 7, 2005

  2. ASA V

    FML Guest

    ASA V spewed forth...

    > I have upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro from the free version and now I have
    > problems connecting to MSN Messenger. When I go to Test Connections,
    > it comes up with the following:
    >
    > System settings:
    > Domain Authority
    > Domain Authority Configuration
    >
    > (It recommends that I 'clear' these)
    >
    > Applications:
    > The following programs might prevent a connection to MSN Messenger:
    > Zone Labs Zone Alarm.
    >
    > When I click Repair, I am able to connect but then the following time
    > I log on have to do the test troubleshoot again. This happens even if
    > I exit Zone Alarm.

    You didn't mention your OS or version of ZA. On mine, XP Pro SP2 - ZA Pro
    4.5.538.001 you would go to Program Control - Programs and scroll down to
    MSN Messenger. Once there make sure that all the columns (Access -Trusted,
    Access - Internet, Server -Trusted, Server - Internet) have a green check
    mark (Allow). If they have something other than a green check mark, left
    click on whatever is there and choose "Allow". With this ZA setup, my MSN
    Messenger works well.

    HTH

    FML, May 8, 2005

  3. ASA V

    ASA V Guest

    "FML" <> wrote in message
    > ASA V spewed forth...
    >
    >> I have upgraded to Zone Alarm Pro from the free version and now I have
    >> problems connecting to MSN Messenger. When I go to Test Connections,
    >> it comes up with the following:
    >>
    >> System settings:
    >> Domain Authority
    >> Domain Authority Configuration
    >>
    >> (It recommends that I 'clear' these)
    >>
    >> Applications:
    >> The following programs might prevent a connection to MSN Messenger:
    >> Zone Labs Zone Alarm.
    >>
    >> When I click Repair, I am able to connect but then the following time
    >> I log on have to do the test troubleshoot again. This happens even if
    >> I exit Zone Alarm.
    >>

    > You didn't mention your OS or version of ZA. On mine, XP Pro SP2 - ZA Pro
    > 4.5.538.001 you would go to Program Control - Programs and scroll down to
    > MSN Messenger. Once there make sure that all the columns (Access -Trusted,
    > Access - Internet, Server -Trusted, Server - Internet) have a green check
    > mark (Allow). If they have something other than a green check mark, left
    > click on whatever is there and choose "Allow". With this ZA setup, my MSN
    > Messenger works well.

    Sorry. OS is Windows XP Home SP 2. ZA is Pro 5.5.094.0.

    I have now checked all columns (including allow email?) and it still does
    not work. However, I wasn't sure why I had to do that anyway when I was
    still getting the problems regardless of whether ZA was running.

    ASA V, May 8, 2005