MSN Messenger Does Not Work Any More

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZSB3aXRoIG5vIERhbmlzaA==?=, Feb 6, 2006.

  1. Hi all

    Windows Update seem to mess my Windows XP Pro x64 up. One issue was the
    Windows Update that stopped working. Found a cure for that (some stuff to put
    into the Registry Database).

    But MSN 7.5 still does not work. I cannot log-in !!!

    Do talk about bandwidth - my connection i 1 Mbit - should suffice :)

    Found a note that I should download and install a .dll file but I cannot
    find that .dll file and install it.

    The Windows system is standard with all Windows Update for the OS and Office
    2003.

    Don't MS want their own stuff to work?

    I use AVAST anti virus and MS firewall.

    Can anyone help ?

    Thank a million.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZSB3aXRoIG5vIERhbmlzaA==?=, Feb 6, 2006

  2. MSN Messenger does work with x64.

    There have been some problems with a recent build of MSN Messenger 7.5.
    For Messenger problems ask in microsoft.public.msn.messenger.

    You may want to try the Messenger 8.0 beta.
    For this, see microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger.

    "Dane with no Danish" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Dominic Payer, Feb 7, 2006