    I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard somewhere that you can configure
    MSN messenger to login in via Active directory accounts to act as a lan
    messenger? is this true? if so where can i read up more on it? Thanks

    Rome, Aug 17, 2005

  2. "Rome" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard somewhere that you can configure
    > MSN messenger to login in via Active directory accounts to act as a lan
    > messenger? is this true? if so where can i read up more on it? Thanks

    It's been a while (2 years) since I looked into this, but as I understood
    it, there was a component of Exchange server that had it's own Instant
    Messaging client.

    That product was not 'MSN Messenger', however. You might ask a similar
    question in Exchange Server related groups.

    Just out of curiousity, what sort of lan messaging scenario are you
    interested in?

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/

    Backwards Opie of Borg, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Rome

    Rome Guest

    "Just out of curiousity, what sort of lan messaging scenario are you
    interested in?"

    hi opie, do you mean program I had in mind?

    Rome, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Rome

    psokolov Guest

    psokolov, Aug 17, 2005
  5. "Rome" <> wrote in message
    > "Just out of curiousity, what sort of lan messaging scenario are you
    > interested in?"
    >
    > hi opie, do you mean program I had in mind?

    Is this an enterprise deployment? Are you going to be investing company
    money in deploying something of this nature? If so, what sort of target
    value would you be looking for in, perhaps, a dedicated Instant Messaging
    Server? How many clients do you expect to service for that amount?

    Backwards Opie of Borg, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Rome

    Guest

    Sir, I request you to try Outlook Messenger for Lan Chat. The best Lan
    Messenger software having many features Lan Chat, Group Chat, Desktop
    Sharing, Voice Chat, Reminder & Popup Notes. Download 20 days fully
    functional trail version. visit http://www.outlookmessenger.com

    , Aug 17, 2005
  7. With Exchange 2000 you can use Windows Messenger 4.7. This service was
    pulled form Exchange 2003. If you're looking for a Microsoft product, you
    can go with Live Communications Server, however if you don't need all the
    collaboration that Live CS gives you, might I recommend you consider a
    smaller 3rd party LAN IM program.

    --
    rev

    MCT/MCNGP #44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 17, 2005
  8. Rome

    Techie Guest

    And the fact that you work for the maker of this best LAN Messenger software
    is in no way influencing your position now is it?

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP # 21

    Techie, Aug 17, 2005
  9. Rome

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>, coolromeo29
    @yahoo.com says...
    > I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard somewhere that you can configure
    > MSN messenger to login in via Active directory accounts to act as a lan
    > messenger? is this true? if so where can i read up more on it? Thanks

    Office Communicator 2005 is what you are looking for:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/livecomm/communicator/prodinfo/default.m
    spx

    You can read up and even download a free trial.

    Ben Smith, Aug 17, 2005
  10. Rome

    Rome Guest

    thank you for all your replies. I just had something in mind for my 4 pc lan
    at home lol. Hopefully one day I can get a job as a Junior Administrator and
    plan a mass deployment for an organisation :).

    Rome, Aug 17, 2005
  11. Rome

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Aug 17, 2005
  12. If its only for 4 machines, either write one yourself or grab a freebie one
    from somewhere (im sure at rentacoder.com, somebody would take you up for a
    tiny fee $10-15). If your gonna write it yourself, look at using Java's RMI
    or Microsofts .NET Remoting, it makes it fairly easy to call remote functions
    on another users machine. You can probably download a beta or freebie Visual
    Studio which would be my dev environment of choice.

    Mark.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Aug 18, 2005
  13. Rome

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Rome" <> wrote in message
    > thank you for all your replies. I just had something in mind for my 4 pc
    > lan at home lol. Hopefully one day I can get a job as a Junior
    > Administrator and plan a mass deployment for an organisation :).

    For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.

    Andy - MCNGP23

    Andy Foster, Aug 18, 2005
  14. Rome

    Jtyc Guest

    > For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.

    Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
    winpopup.

    Jtyc, Aug 18, 2005
  15. Rome

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:OmX3htApFHA.3568
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
    > winpopup.

    WHAT?!?!? AND IGNORE THE COMMAND LINE?????

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Message: Carrier organism for taglines.

    Neil, Aug 18, 2005
  16. Rome

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.
    >
    >Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
    >winpopup.

    what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Aug 18, 2005
  17. Rome

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

    > what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

    Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Aug 18, 2005
  18. Rome

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the
    > ether:
    >

    >> what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

    > Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

    KB

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.

    Briscobar, Aug 18, 2005
  19. Rome

    kpg Guest

    Briscobar <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\170105.htm (8/18/2005
    > 12:30:44 PM) # JaR <> rambled:
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the
    >> ether:
    >>

    >>> what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

    >> Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

    > 999337777

    867-5309

    kpg, Aug 18, 2005