    edition of XP?

    Wondering if it's just me.

    Andy.

    Andy Stubbs [383037], Jun 14, 2005

  2. Andy Stubbs [383037]

    Juan Jansen Guest

    No problem here

    XP x64 RTM
    Msn 7.813

    Juan Jansen, Jun 14, 2005

  3. "Juan Jansen" <> wrote in message
    > No problem here
    >
    > XP x64 RTM
    > Msn 7.813

    That's very odd, I've tried removing it and resinstalling but I get the same
    problem, no icon to hide the toolbars :eek:s

    Andy Stubbs [383037], Jun 14, 2005
  4. Andy Stubbs [383037]

    wewa Guest

    working for me too, on build 1433, except that whenever a notification box
    pops up, it pauses the whole machine for about 3 seconds... :(

    not sure i understand what you mean by hide the toolbars...

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  5. "wewa" <> wrote in message
    > working for me too, on build 1433, except that whenever a notification box
    > pops up, it pauses the whole machine for about 3 seconds... :(
    >
    > not sure i understand what you mean by hide the toolbars...

    MSN 7 allows you to hide the main program toolbar - Basically the menu at
    the top of the screen becomes hidden so all you see is the nice rounded
    messenger frame rather than the bar with 'File Contacts Actions Tools Help'.

    Andy Stubbs [383037], Jun 14, 2005
  6. Andy Stubbs [383037]

    wewa Guest

    That's the menu bar, not the tool bar...and its referred to as 'Hide Window
    Frame'

    I thought maybe someone was foolish enough to leave checked the 4 checkboxes
    on installation to add msn toolbar and all that other crud that MS wants to
    load. Shame on them, turning into real.com and adobe.com...

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Have you checked in the options of MSN Messenger 7 to see if you are able to
    hide the toolbars? Also, the Hide Windows Frame is available here. Maybe
    this is Messenger specific, you might want to give the Messenger groups a
    buzz:
    microsoft.public.msn.messenger
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  8. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > Have you checked in the options of MSN Messenger 7 to see if you are able
    > to hide the toolbars? Also, the Hide Windows Frame is available here.
    > Maybe this is Messenger specific, you might want to give the Messenger
    > groups a buzz:
    > microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    Hi again,

    I tried the messenger group several times but nobody there seems able or
    willing to help judging by the lack of response I received.

    Oh well, can anybody else confirm that they are unable to hide the toolbars
    in msn7 on x64?

    Thanks

    Andy

    Andy Stubbs [383037], Jul 16, 2005
  9. Andy Stubbs [383037] <> wrote:
    >> Have you checked in the options of MSN Messenger 7 to see if you are
    >> able to hide the toolbars? Also, the Hide Windows Frame is available
    >> here. Maybe this is Messenger specific, you might want to give the
    >> Messenger groups a buzz:
    >> microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    > Hi again,
    >
    > I tried the messenger group several times but nobody there seems able
    > or willing to help judging by the lack of response I received.
    >
    > Oh well, can anybody else confirm that they are unable to hide the
    > toolbars in msn7 on x64?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andy

    Hi Andy,

    I'm not using x64 right now but I can assure you that I was able to hide the
    toolbar in MSN, as I always do, whatever the OS

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselede - Belgium)

    Christian Hougardy, Jul 16, 2005
  10. And I could NOT...

    Nor can I use Remote Asisitance (R/A)....nor can I use R/A in WS2003 X64...

    Come on Microsoft get your sh*t together...

    Gary D

    Gary J. Dikkema, Jul 16, 2005
  11. "Gary J. Dikkema" <> wrote in message
    > And I could NOT...

    Thanks Gary, I've got x64 installed on 2 seperate pc's - both clean installs
    and neither will hide the toolbars, I've not tried remote assistance but
    will do the next time I boot x64 up.

    Andy Stubbs [383037], Jul 16, 2005