    and again if I want to change the password!) Stupid computer!

    --
    IAN

    IAN GARDNER, Feb 4, 2006

  2. IAN GARDNER

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:24:00 -0000,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "IAN GARDNER"
    <> spewed the following:

    |Dear all,
    | Can I safely delete this without deleting something I don`t want to?
    |My kids sneak onto my computer without my permission. I don`t want to
    |password it as this is a pain when booting. (even through it askes me now
    |and again if I want to change the password!) Stupid computer!

    Your children are just chatting on MSN. Harmless. But yes, you can be
    an arsehole and delete it.
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 5, 2006

  3. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    > It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:24:00 -0000,
    > in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "IAN GARDNER"
    > <> spewed the following:
    >

    > |Dear all,
    > | Can I safely delete this without deleting something I don`t want to?
    > |My kids sneak onto my computer without my permission. I don`t want to
    > |password it as this is a pain when booting. (even through it askes me now
    > |and again if I want to change the password!) Stupid computer!
    >
    > Your children are just chatting on MSN. Harmless. But yes, you can be
    > an arsehole and delete it.
    > --
    >
    > -nos1eep

    Thanks for the response......... I think!
    If you didn`t know. There are alot of backdoors in MSN that some people can
    open even if i`ve locked them with a firewall. So yes, my kids speaking on
    MSN maybe ok but it`s the arseholes who try to get into our computers and
    cause damage. And when it`s bedtime, it`s me who has to tell my son to come
    off the computer, with his reply `F*** **F!`.
    Oh yes. Don`t call me an arsehole. Have you looked in a mirror recently!

    See yer. Thanks for the quick reply.

    IAN

    IAN GARDNER, Feb 5, 2006
  4. IAN GARDNER

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:50:36 -0000,

    |"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    |> It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:24:00 -0000,
    |> in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "IAN GARDNER"
    |> <> spewed the following:

    |> |
    |> |Dear all,
    |> | Can I safely delete this without deleting something I don`t want to?
    |> |My kids sneak onto my computer without my permission. I don`t want to
    |> |password it as this is a pain when booting. (even through it askes me now
    |> |and again if I want to change the password!) Stupid computer!
    |>
    |> Your children are just chatting on MSN. Harmless. But yes, you can be
    |> an arsehole and delete it.
    |> --
    |>
    |> -nos1eep
    |
    |Thanks for the response......... I think!
    |If you didn`t know. There are alot of backdoors in MSN that some people can
    |open even if i`ve locked them with a firewall. So yes, my kids speaking on
    |MSN maybe ok but it`s the arseholes who try to get into our computers and
    |cause damage. And when it`s bedtime, it`s me who has to tell my son to come
    |off the computer, with his reply `F*** **F!`.
    | Oh yes. Don`t call me an arsehole. Have you looked in a mirror recently!

    Well, I know I'm an arsehole. <shrug>

    As for your brat telling you to **** off, a slap upside the head would
    accomplish more than uninstalling his program.

    There are exploits, to be sure, and one does need to be aware of them.
    However, one should not fear and avoid simple chat programs because of
    some obscure exploit. Millions of people use MSN with no problems at
    all.

    The best way to minimize any damage done is to keep a backup image of
    your system on a seperate drive. If your son trashes the computer, it
    only takes a few minutes to restore the machine to it's previous
    state.
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 5, 2006
  5. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    > It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:50:36 -0000,
    > in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "IAN GARDNER"
    > <> spewed the following:
    >

    > |"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    > |> It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:24:00 -0000,
    > |> in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "IAN GARDNER"
    > |> <> spewed the following:
    > |>
    > |> |
    > now
    > |>
    > |> Your children are just chatting on MSN. Harmless. But yes, you can be
    > |> an arsehole and delete it.
    > |> --
    > |>
    > |> -nos1eep
    > |
    > |Thanks for the response......... I think!
    > |If you didn`t know. There are alot of backdoors in MSN that some people
    > can
    > |open even if i`ve locked them with a firewall. So yes, my kids speaking
    > on
    > |MSN maybe ok but it`s the arseholes who try to get into our computers and
    > |cause damage. And when it`s bedtime, it`s me who has to tell my son to
    > come
    > |off the computer, with his reply `F*** **F!`.
    > | Oh yes. Don`t call me an arsehole. Have you looked in a mirror recently!
    >
    > Well, I know I'm an arsehole. <shrug>
    >
    > As for your brat telling you to **** off, a slap upside the head would
    > accomplish more than uninstalling his program.
    >
    > There are exploits, to be sure, and one does need to be aware of them.
    > However, one should not fear and avoid simple chat programs because of
    > some obscure exploit. Millions of people use MSN with no problems at
    > all.
    >
    > The best way to minimize any damage done is to keep a backup image of
    > your system on a seperate drive. If your son trashes the computer, it
    > only takes a few minutes to restore the machine to it's previous
    > state.
    > --
    >
    > -nos1eep

    Thanks nos1eep,