MSN + linux

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    After seeing ages ago that you could use *any* email for msn, I thought Id
    be a cheeky prick and try and register one email addy from one of my dyndns
    domains...
    why not I say :)
    Well sure enough all I needed to do to get a passport was click the wee link
    in a conformation mail, well maybe not, that was (checking the email date)
    16.01.06 (yeah back in January).
    Of course I emailed Microsoft support and got a very friendly person who
    emailed me back this (its a portion of the email)
    __START__
    Have you recently installed any new software (if you enter yes please
    add more comments in the text box above)?
      No

    Which operating system are you using?: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible;
    Konqueror/3.3; Linux) (KHTML, like Gecko)

    Which browser are you using: Netscape5

    Location: en-us - English (United States)

    Type of Support: E-mail Support
    __EOF__
    I emailed them back, telling them I was *still* having trouble, but never
    heard back *shrugs*
    That was until today, for no reason at all (well ok I just installed a
    jabber server on my lan for some testing) I tryed logging into my msn
    account with kopete (Im allowed to yeah?) and VOILA! the damn thing logged
    in, I got a hell of a fright!
    (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux that
    means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
    Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet :)

    Shane, Mar 30, 2006

  2. > (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux that
    > means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
    > Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet :)

    you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
    trying to get his sound card to work.

    hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
    hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
    SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.

    you'll love it

    Rimu Atkinson, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Rimu Atkinson wrote:

    >> (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux
    >> that means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
    >> Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet :)

    > you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
    > trying to get his sound card to work.
    >
    > hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
    > hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
    > SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.
    >
    > you'll love it

    Two sounds at once you say?
    Sounds like something worth investigating!

    Shane, Mar 30, 2006
  4. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:48:06 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > Rimu Atkinson wrote:
    >
    >>> (So now Im bragging about my msn being a dyndns domain and run on linux
    >>> that means (murphys law prevailing) that this a once and only
    >>> Still, for the moment... Im *almost* leet :)

    >> you sound like the sort of person who doesn't mind spending 3 hours
    >> trying to get his sound card to work.
    >>
    >> hey, how about you try linux? then you can tinker and tinker FOREVER. i
    >> hear that some really new versions of Linux will even let you play TWO
    >> SOUNDS AT ONCE!!~~!~~!11.
    >>
    >> you'll love it

    > Two sounds at once you say?
    > Sounds like something worth investigating!

    LOLOL!

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 31, 2006