    D. Young Guest

    How can MSN Instant messenger be block from firewall appliance? Are there
    specific ports I can block on outgoing traffic?
    D. Young, Dec 29, 2005

  2. D. Young

    Consultant Guest

    users can change the port msn works on, so that doesnt work too well. if you
    have sms deployed you can run collections looking for specific executables
    then remove the IM from the offending machines

    Consultant, Dec 29, 2005

  3. D. Young

    fmsmcse Guest

    > How can MSN Instant messenger be block from firewall appliance? Are there
    > specific ports I can block on outgoing traffic?

    Man, that's hard to block. I've had bad experiences when blocking the IP of
    the MSN servers. Normally they are in the same sub as other MS servers,
    making other resources unavailable, like the KB page.
    fmsmcse, Dec 30, 2005
  4. D. Young

    fmsmcse Guest

    > How can MSN Instant messenger be block from firewall appliance? Are there
    > specific ports I can block on outgoing traffic?

    What a stupid answer I just gave, I must say I'm sorry, I don't know how to
    help on this, but will research and try to help.
    fmsmcse, Dec 30, 2005
  5. D. Young

    Consultant Guest

    if you cant answer correctly, dont post

    Consultant, Dec 30, 2005
  6. D. Young

    fmsmcse Guest

    > if you cant answer correctly, dont post

    i already said im sorry.
    fmsmcse, Dec 30, 2005
  7. D. Young

    Consultant Guest

    very well
    hand

    Consultant, Dec 30, 2005
  8. D. Young

    Steve Wicker Guest

    Block access to outgoing port 1863

    Steve Wicker, Dec 31, 2005
  9. D. Young

    Denis Cooper Guest

    not sure on your setup here...but if you were using xp - you could block in
    in the xp firewall and then set a gp to prevent changes to the xp firewall.

    Denis Cooper, Jan 1, 2006
  10. D. Young

    fmsmcse Guest

    "Steve Wicker" wrote:
    > Block access to outgoing port 1863

    Remember now it goes via http port, so it's sorta hard to block.
    fmsmcse, Jan 2, 2006
  11. D. Young

    Consultant Guest

    i try

    Consultant, Jan 3, 2006
  12. D. Young

    Consultant Guest

    http port is typically 80, but you can change it to whatever you want.
    within the port range. once again, you are proving your ignorance and
    answering incorrectly

    Consultant, Jan 3, 2006
  13. "Consultant" wrote:
    > http port is typically 80, but you can change it to whatever you want.
    > within the port range. once again, you are proving your ignorance and
    > answering incorrectly

    He does not want to use messenger, he wants to block it, thus, port 80 is a
    worry, since he can not block it, otherwise he's stop navigating the net,
    which is something you should do.

    --
    fmsmcse {A-MCNGP#2}
    MCNGP g@ys do now own this NG!