    all day? For instance could I set all desktop MSN versions to work with just
    certain email addresses?

    Thanks for your help & input

    =?Utf-8?B?WWVsbG93X0Zpc2g=?=, Sep 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WWVsbG93X0Zpc2g=?=

    Vincent Lape Guest

    Dont think so. However you can look into jabber and put up yer own im
    server. Another good app is imserver from ipswitch

    Vincent Lape, Sep 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?WWVsbG93X0Zpc2g=?=

    Stu Cousins Guest

    Instant Messager uses port 1863 I think. Blocking this should stop users
    from using IM.

    Good luck!

    Stu Cousins, Sep 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?WWVsbG93X0Zpc2g=?=

    Vincent Lape Guest

    i believe msn and yahoo messengers will find open ports if they can not
    connect. if i am remembering correctly they will also try on 80 if all else
    fails

    Vincent Lape, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Yellow_Fish wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We use MSN Instant Messager at work for global communications, the question
    > I have is that is there anyway to block users from chatting to their Friends
    > all day? For instance could I set all desktop MSN versions to work with just
    > certain email addresses?
    >
    > Thanks for your help & input

    I don't think there's any software related way of doing this. Probably
    your best (and only bet) is to set up a company policy with disciplinary
    actions and enforce it.

    However, that being said, you may want to check in the
    microsoft.public.msn.messenger newsgroup. The people in there deal
    mainly with MSN Messenger, so they will probably be able to give you
    better advice.

    --
    Patrick Dickey <>
    http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

    Patrick Dickey, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Look into Microsoft Office Live Communication Server

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 13, 2005