    why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
    I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)

    Please support your own OS!
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Sep 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=

    Sam Crawford Guest

    Ernst wrote:
    > Dear Microsoft,
    > why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
    > I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
    >
    > Please support your own OS!

    Yahoo Desktop Search and Copernic seem to work fine with XP x64.
    Sam Crawford, Sep 4, 2005

  3. Yes, a lot of persons find this strange, maybe you can drop a gram in the
    microsoft.public.msn.search about it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2005
  4. "Ernst" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Microsoft,
    > why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
    > I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
    >
    > Please support your own OS!

    It relies on the 32 bit explorer extensions before it can run. It won't be
    before next year before there is better support for x64

    William Walker
    William Walker, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Thank you for the information.
    But why is there no "better" support for x64? Is it still beta? Is there a
    new release in 2006?

    I have asked Google if they can be faster.
    Ernst

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  6. It really is strange, most of these company's are basing their support on
    demand, if they don't see a strong enough demand for their products on x64
    they don't develop drivers. Hopefully with the next version of Windows,
    Vista, company's will automatically create a universal native version of all
    their software for both x64 and x86.

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2005