    Note: I have tried to uninstall (add/remove progs) and install again
    using the newly downloaded version.

    Thanks.

    neil, Mar 17, 2005

  2. neil

    Dribbler Guest

    "neil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Each time I log into MSN I'm required to upgrade, before anyone
    > says... I've clicked yes before, and downloaded a new install
    > manually. Still no go... the only way I can log into MSN is to install
    > the downloaded version each time I attempt to login.
    >
    > Any fix for this?
    >

    > Note: I have tried to uninstall (add/remove progs) and install again
    > using the newly downloaded version.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you click on the MSN icon in your tray, the old version will start up and
    request you to update.
    I always load it from start>programs>MSN Messenger 6.2 and the update
    message does not occur.

    Dribbler

    Dribbler, Mar 17, 2005

  3. neil

    neil Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:26:10 -0000, "Dribbler"
    <> wrote:

    >"neil" <> wrote in message
    >> Each time I log into MSN I'm required to upgrade, before anyone
    >> says... I've clicked yes before, and downloaded a new install
    >> manually. Still no go... the only way I can log into MSN is to install
    >> the downloaded version each time I attempt to login.
    >>
    >> Any fix for this?
    >>

    >> Note: I have tried to uninstall (add/remove progs) and install again
    >> using the newly downloaded version.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >If you click on the MSN icon in your tray, the old version will start up and
    >request you to update.
    >I always load it from start>programs>MSN Messenger 6.2 and the update
    >message does not occur.
    >
    >Dribbler

    Opps, thanks. You reminded me I had the orginal install in a
    different directory to the new install.

    neil, Mar 17, 2005
  4. neil

    Guest

    hi i have had this happen to me...go to accessories go down to system
    tools,click on system information,click on internet explorer,clickon
    tools,click on repair and it will fix...hope this works..for your
    computer..

    , Mar 17, 2005
  5. neil

    Dave Lear Guest

    "neil" wrote in message news:

    > Each time I log into MSN I'm required to upgrade, before
    > anyone says... I've clicked yes before, and downloaded a
    > new install manually. Still no go... the only way I can log into
    > MSN is to install the downloaded version each time I attempt
    > to login.
    >
    > Any fix for this?

    Windows Messenger 5.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

    Dave Lear, Mar 17, 2005
  6. neil

    neville Guest

    Get AOL,i reckon its better than msn and more user friendly.

    neville, Mar 17, 2005