    --

    Remove MY PANTS to reply
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    kerplunKuK, Aug 14, 2003

  2. kerplunKuK

    °Mike° Guest

    It is created with msinfo32.exe (the system information utility), by
    default..

    The default MSinfo document type (*.nfo) is NOT a text file, and
    can only be read by msinfo32, but be aware that there are other
    *.nfo file types that ARE text only, and are used for file descriptions,
    info and such like. You can search Google for "nfo viewer" for the
    text type viewers.

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:49:00 +0100, in
    <3f3af8e3$0$15037$>
    kerplunKuK scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 14, 2003

  3. kerplunKuK

    ligmen

    Joined:
    May 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi

    MSInfo NFO document is not a text file, agreed. It's an XML file (and can be read with any XML parser).

    In order to silently create an NFO file run:
    Code:
    msinfo32.exe /nfo <filename.nfo>
    A more detailed description of the XML elements used in the NFO file can be found here:
    http://blog.ooz.ie/2009/05/msinfo32exe-and-its-nfo-files.html

    ligmen, May 23, 2009