    Have tried two different sets of speakers but to no avail. Really
    stumped as to what to try next.

    TIA.

    ~DEFIANT1~, Jul 12, 2006

  2. ~DEFIANT1~

    Deano Guest

    "~DEFIANT1~" <rob.williams1973**NO_SPAM**@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:Djctg.35559$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just having some probs with an MSI MS-6787 Ver 2.0 motherboard. PC was
    > has WIN XP Pro as the OS. Problems are thus; Correct drivers and audio
    > codecs are installed and there are, as far as i can tell no conflicts.
    > Certainly in Device Manager everything is working okay and all drivers
    > are signed. However am unable to get any sound from PC, even though
    > sound chip properties are available and can be manually set.
    >
    > Have tried two different sets of speakers but to no avail. Really
    > stumped as to what to try next.
    >
    > TIA.

    In the manual for my new MSI board - a different model - it states that you
    must jumper the pins for the front-side audio else the ports out the back
    won't work, I think the line-out in particular. Maybe this is the same for
    this mobo?

    Deano, Jul 12, 2006

  3. ~DEFIANT1~

    ProfGene Guest

    ~DEFIANT1~ wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just having some probs with an MSI MS-6787 Ver 2.0 motherboard. PC was
    > has WIN XP Pro as the OS. Problems are thus; Correct drivers and audio
    > codecs are installed and there are, as far as i can tell no conflicts.
    > Certainly in Device Manager everything is working okay and all drivers
    > are signed. However am unable to get any sound from PC, even though
    > sound chip properties are available and can be manually set.
    >
    > Have tried two different sets of speakers but to no avail. Really
    > stumped as to what to try next.
    >
    > TIA.

    If the settings say you have sound it might be the connection. First try
    listening to it directly with earphones and if there is no sound get a
    an electronic cleaner at Walmart or maybe Radio Shack and spray the
    connection.

    ProfGene, Jul 13, 2006
  4. ~DEFIANT1~

    ~DEFIANT1~ Guest

    ProfGene wrote:
    > ~DEFIANT1~ wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just having some probs with an MSI MS-6787 Ver 2.0 motherboard. PC was
    >> has WIN XP Pro as the OS. Problems are thus; Correct drivers and audio
    >> codecs are installed and there are, as far as i can tell no conflicts.
    >> Certainly in Device Manager everything is working okay and all drivers
    >> are signed. However am unable to get any sound from PC, even though
    >> sound chip properties are available and can be manually set.
    >>
    >> Have tried two different sets of speakers but to no avail. Really
    >> stumped as to what to try next.
    >>
    >> TIA.

    > If the settings say you have sound it might be the connection. First try
    > listening to it directly with earphones and if there is no sound get a
    > an electronic cleaner at Walmart or maybe Radio Shack and spray the
    > connection.

    Thanks people. To elaborate further; Don't have any documentaion for the
    m'board. Furthermore, just been told that the original OS for this PC
    was Win XP Home - and there was sound in it's orginal config. I'm nost
    sure that just changing the OS would disable the sound chip. Even less
    so after reinstalling the drivers fromt he MSI website.

    Again any help gratefull received.

    ~DEFIANT1~, Jul 13, 2006