    This is for a general use box, no heavy apps..........

    Thanks!

    MM
    Mr. Majestik, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Mr. Majestik

    Mr. Majestik Guest

    Mr. Majestik <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After poking around some, and reading reviews, I'm torn between 2
    > mobos........The Biostar with nForce2 Chipset and the MSI Delta with KT600
    > chipset

    not one to wait around, I went ahead and ordered my case
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=7&manuf
    actory=1516&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

    It's the Antec SLK3700 BQE (Black, Quiet, xx). Should go with my black
    drives ok. The selling point was the better quality PSU and the new real
    black color. Plus DeMon's recommendation!

    Another question before I order a video card. I'm leaning to a MSI FX5600
    with remote. It's about $160 at newegg. Any opinions before I jump??:)

    I went ahead and got the MSI mobo too.............and a 120mm Stealth intake
    for the new case. (free baseball cap!)
    Mr. Majestik, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Mr. Majestik

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:34:07 GMT, "Mr. Majestik" <>
    wrote:

    >After poking around some, and reading reviews, I'm torn between 2
    >mobos........The Biostar with nForce2 Chipset and the MSI Delta with KT600
    >chipset. Both have the features I need and I'll be running a 2500Barton.
    >
    >I"ve heard the horror stories of memory issues with the NForce boards and
    >also some probs not using WinXP. (sound, drivers, etc.). I'm not wanting a
    >political discussion:), but does anyone have a preference? I had an Asus
    >non-deluxe, but sold it without using it..........
    >
    >This is for a general use box, no heavy apps..........
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >MM

    I've had more DOA's with MSI than with any other board. I haven't
    installed one in quite a while...so maybe they've come around by now.

    I've used Biostar's often...without any problem.

    My favorite right now is Gigabyte. But most boards...except for
    one!...are very dependable.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 2, 2003