MSI K8T Neo2 AMD Athlon64 3200 Windows XP Pro x64 Is Great!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Happy User, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. Happy User

    Happy User Guest

    The only problem I had was a bad ram stick (DDR 400, one of the pair was
    bad). I got a BIOS update from MSI, but might not have needed it -- was
    tracking down the problem that was resolved when I replaced the memory. The
    OS installation was completely normal / perfect, Windows Update worked
    properly, meaning the browser etc. is working. Some of the big 32-bit games
    I use work without a problem.

    Overall, probably the best / easiest / problem-free install of a brand-new
    operating system on brand-new hardware I have ever had!

    Good Job, Mr. Gates, and everyone at Microsoft who worked on the 64-bit
    version of the operating system!! Good Job, Mr. Sanders, and everyone at
    AMD who worked on the 64-bit cpu!! Good Job everyone at MSI!! It feels
    great to be one-up (errr, make that double-up!!) on all my friends and their
    rigs!!!

    Happy User.

    Happy User, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Happy User

    VWWall Guest

    Happy User wrote:
    > The only problem I had was a bad ram stick (DDR 400, one of the pair was
    > bad). I got a BIOS update from MSI, but might not have needed it -- was
    > tracking down the problem that was resolved when I replaced the memory. The
    > OS installation was completely normal / perfect, Windows Update worked
    > properly, meaning the browser etc. is working. Some of the big 32-bit games
    > I use work without a problem.

    I did it for a litle bit less using the MSI K8MM-ILSR. Took a bit of
    looking to find to find drivers for the on-board graphics and sound, but
    everything works perfectly. I put in Firefox and it also works fine.

    The whole thing, less case, monitor, KB and mouse was ~$200 with the
    boxed AMD64 3000+ CPU. It runs at about 42 degrees C. I dual boot
    WinXP, (32 bit), and SUSE Linux. MSI and AMD work flawlessly with them all!

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Happy User

    Fat Bastard Guest

    So what printer are you using?

    Fat Bastard, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Happy User

    VWWall Guest

    Fat Bastard wrote:
    > So what printer are you using?

    I am using an Epson Stylus Color 800. Just for info, you can look in
    the file ntprint.inf, in the windows\inf folder to find all the printers
    supported by the drivers supplied with Win x64. (Scroll down in the file.)

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Aug 9, 2005