    for raid and it did see the hard drive, but this isn't raid. I didn't see a
    way to like enable the IDe3. So can someone please help me?

    Thanks guys.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in message
    news:1QqLb.17517$...
    > I have the MSI 6728 motherboard. It's the 865PE neo2 series. p4 mobo.
    > i have a maxtor ata133 drive hooked into IDE 3 on the motherboard which is
    > the ata133. the drive it is set master. in that IDE3 it won't see the

    drive,
    > but in IDE2 i can see it fine which is normal ata100.. I'm trying to

    install
    > windows xp on that using the IDE3 which is ata133, IDE2 is ata100 only. I
    > have these promise raid drivers on floppy that came with the motherboard

    and
    > these intel raid drivers, but neither of these work when the win install
    > says hit f6 for third party scsi drivers. it still says no hard drives
    > found. So how do I enable that IDE3 so I can use my ata133 drive on the
    > ata133 connection? Inside the BIOS I can't tell anything about the IDE3.

    The
    > only thing that might be worth anything is the Fast Trak utility which is
    > for raid and it did see the hard drive, but this isn't raid. I didn't see

    > way to like enable the IDe3. So can someone please help me?
    >
    > Thanks guys.

    ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid, not just
    normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2 tho at normal
    ata100.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in news:UetLb.17$q4.9
    @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid, not just
    > normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2 tho at normal
    > ata100.

    It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug just
    the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE ports.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Diehard

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Diehard" <> wrote in

    > I have the MSI 6728 motherboard. It's the 865PE neo2 series. p4 mobo.
    > i have a maxtor ata133 drive hooked into IDE 3 on the motherboard
    > which is the ata133. the drive it is set master. in that IDE3 it won't
    > see the drive,

    You have an 865PE neo2 motherboard??? Are you certain about this? I've
    downloaded from MSI's website the manual for both the 865PE Neo2 Series and
    865PE Neo2-PS Series, and neither board has 4 IDE ports.

    Both list 2 ATA33/66/100 ports, and 2 SATA-150 ports. Neither spec lists 4
    ATA ports, neither board layout diagram or picture shows 4 ATA ports, I see
    no trace of there ever being 4 ATA ports on that model motherboard. I
    don't see 4 ports on the 865G either, or on the 875P Neo.

    Are you saying the product manuals on MSI's site are incorrect, or do you
    have a different model board?

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "Diehard" <> wrote in news:UetLb.17$q4.9
    > @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >
    > > ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid, not

    just
    > > normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2 tho at normal
    > > ata100.

    > It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug just
    > the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE ports.
    >
    > --
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > website: under construction
    > email/IM for rates/services

    it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of their faq
    told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows will not even
    after loading from the promise raid flopy that came with my motherboard. it
    just says no drives available. one customer of theirs in their forum told me
    also it won't work at all as it's only for raid.

    yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata ports.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    >> "Diehard" <> wrote in news:UetLb.17$q4.9
    >> @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >>
    >>> ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid,
    >>> not just normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2
    >>> tho at normal ata100.

    >> It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug
    >> just the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE
    >> ports.
    >>
    >> --
    >> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    >> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    >> website: under construction
    >> Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
    >> email/IM for rates/services

    > it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of
    > their faq told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows
    > will not even after loading from the promise raid flopy that came
    > with my motherboard. it just says no drives available. one customer
    > of theirs in their forum told me also it won't work at all as it's
    > only for raid.
    >
    > yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata ports.

    I think you have to go into the fast track utility first and set up your
    drives through that, then windows install should be able to see it when
    you use the floppy drivers.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    > Diehard wrote:
    > > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > >> "Diehard" <> wrote in news:UetLb.17$q4.9
    > >> @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > >> It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug
    > >> just the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE
    > >> ports.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > >> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > >> website: under construction
    > >> Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
    > >> email/IM for rates/services

    > > it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of
    > > their faq told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows
    > > will not even after loading from the promise raid flopy that came
    > > with my motherboard. it just says no drives available. one customer
    > > of theirs in their forum told me also it won't work at all as it's
    > > only for raid.
    > >
    > > yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata ports.

    > I think you have to go into the fast track utility first and set up your
    > drives through that, then windows install should be able to see it when
    > you use the floppy drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    i looked in it, but it is only for raid and i am not using raid only one
    drive, so i didn't see anything in the fast trak utility that would help me.
    it wants to set up raid only. it has nothing for a single drive.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Diehard

    V W Wall Guest

    Diehard wrote:

    > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > > "Diehard" <> wrote in news:UetLb.17$q4.9
    > > @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    > >
    > > > ok i found out that the ata133 connection port is only for raid, not

    > just
    > > > normal hard drive. which sucks bad. it's working on ide2 tho at normal
    > > > ata100.

    Don't worry about the lack of ATA133 support. No ATA drive, (or SATA, for that
    matter), now made can saturate ATA100. Look at the drive specs.

    > > It isn't just for RAID. If you enable the RAID controller and plug just
    > > the one drive in there, it will work just fine as two extra IDE ports.

    > > --
    > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > > website: under construction
    > > Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
    > > email/IM for rates/services

    > it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of their faq
    > told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows will not even
    > after loading from the promise raid flopy that came with my motherboard. it
    > just says no drives available. one customer of theirs in their forum told me
    > also it won't work at all as it's only for raid.
    >
    > yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata ports.

    Sounds like an awesome machine!

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........

    V W Wall, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Diehard wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Diehard wrote:
    >>> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message

    >>> it does not work. i enabled it in the bios for s-ata which one of
    >>> their faq told me to do so, then the bios saw the drive, but windows
    >>> will not even after loading from the promise raid flopy that came
    >>> with my motherboard. it just says no drives available. one customer
    >>> of theirs in their forum told me also it won't work at all as it's
    >>> only for raid.
    >>>
    >>> yes i am sure about the board, and yes it has 3 ide and 4 sata
    >>> ports.

    >> I think you have to go into the fast track utility first and set up
    >> your drives through that, then windows install should be able to see
    >> it when you use the floppy drivers.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Night_Seer
    >>

    > i looked in it, but it is only for raid and i am not using raid only
    > one drive, so i didn't see anything in the fast trak utility that
    > would help me. it wants to set up raid only. it has nothing for a
    > single drive.

    Ah ok, I thought maybe give that a try, sorry.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004