mshtml errors closes down internet explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Heather Potter, May 2, 2004.

  1. Hi
    I am using Windows ME and the error message says
    Explorer has caused an error in mshtml.dll
    Explorer will now close
    If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer.

    *********************

    As suggested by someone I have checked the versions of mshtml and have found
    the following

    in
    C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTML.DLL version 6.0.2800.1400
    ****
    C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTMLER.DLL version 6.0.2800.1106
    C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTML.TBL version 6.0.2800.1106
    C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTMLED.DLL version 6.0.2800.1106

    C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\MUI\040c\MSHTMLER.DLL version
    6.0.2800.1106
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\MUI\0c0a\MSHTMLER.DLL version
    6.0.2800.1106
    and directories
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\UNINSTALL INFORMATION \mshtml.DllReg
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\UNINSTALL INFORMATION \mshtml.Install

    I dont surpose my problem is because everything else is version ...1106
    except one file which is 1400 ??? If it is, how do I get around this??

    Heather

    "Lazarus" <> wrote in message
    > WHAT OPERATING SYTEM ARE YOU USING??????
    >
    > WHAT IS THE ERROR YOU GET?????
    >

    > "Heather Potter" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > As suggested by someone I have checked the versions of mshtml and have

    > found
    > > the following
    > >
    > > in
    > > C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTML.DLL version 6.0.2800.1400
    > > ****
    > > C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTMLER.DLL version 6.0.2800.1106
    > > C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTML.TBL version 6.0.2800.1106
    > > C:\ WINDOWS\SYSTEM MSHTMLED.DLL version 6.0.2800.1106
    > >
    > > C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\MUI\040c\MSHTMLER.DLL version
    > > 6.0.2800.1106
    > > C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\MUI\0c0a\MSHTMLER.DLL version
    > > 6.0.2800.1106
    > > and directories
    > > C:\PROGRAM FILES\UNINSTALL INFORMATION \mshtml.DllReg
    > > C:\PROGRAM FILES\UNINSTALL INFORMATION \mshtml.Install
    > >
    > > I dont surpose my problem is because everything else is version ...1106
    > > except one file which is 1400 ??? If it is, how do I get around

    > this??
    > >
    > > Heather
    > >

    > > her Potter" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >

    > > > I am having terrible trouble with internet explorer it keep crashing

    > with
    > > > mshtml error, does anyone know where I can get a new copy of IE from?

    > and
    > > if
    > > > I removed my current version and loaded a nother one could this work??
    > > >
    > > > I have tried a number of other workarounds suggested a few weeks ago

    but
    > > > none has worked.
    > > >
    > > > I have restored computer from earlier backup
    > > > I have re registered the mshtml
    > > > I have downloaded a new browser mozilla - but the children are having
    > > > problems trying to copy and paste stuff into work documents for their

    > home
    > > > work.(and dare I say its not as good as IE to use)
    > > > I tried to request a copy of IE from the microsoft homepage but this

    > seems
    > > > just for US users and doesnt appear to accept my request.
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions welcomed - the kids are driving me mad moaning about

    the
    > > > useless computer. Which was working fine before my son started
    > > > downloading games and my daughter loaded several of the SIMMS games

    over

    Heather Potter, May 2, 2004

  2. Heather Potter

    Unk Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d5-0a58-40e8-a963-7496c71d1f40&DisplayLang=en

    Unk, May 2, 2004

  3. Remove Smart Tags Support for Internet Explorer
    1.. Close all open Internet Explorer windows.
    2.. In Control Panel, start the Add or Remove Programs tool (or the
    Add/Remove Programs tool).
    3.. Click Smart tags support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then
    click Change/Remove (or click Add/Remove).
    Disable Smart Tags in Internet Explorer
    1.. Start Internet Explorer.
    2.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3.. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Enable smart tags check box.
    4.. Click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer.

    Try this heather and if it doesnt work dont give up post back here and I`ll
    give you something else to try!

    Lazarus.

    Huckleberry Finn, May 2, 2004