MsGina Error

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kashif, May 21, 2008.

  1. Kashif

    Kashif Guest

    I have a Windows 2003 server Single domain network. All computers are Windows
    XP Pro 32 bit. We just purchase a computer DELL T3400 with 64 bit and XP x64
    bit.

    I Joined the cmputer with Domain and rebboted.
    I have several errors in my Event Log.

    Application Error: Source: MsGina EventID: 1010

    Failed to set the user's home directory (Drive H: connected to Share
    \\CompanyName-MachineName\share1). Where "CompanyName-MachineName" is a NAS
    device name with a share on it called "SHARE1".

    I have never come accrosss this error joining my Windows XP 32 machines.

    There are several articles an the internet but I can't relate any with my
    specific problem and couldn't find a specific solution to my problem.

    Desperately need Help..

    I have several errors and I am going to open multiple threads seperately for
    each problem.

    Thanks for all the help, I can get ....

    Kashif, May 21, 2008

  2. If you're using a non-Windows device as the user share, there can be issues.
    XP x64 can exhibit RPC problems in domains with a very strict RPC Filter (in
    ISA Server), or where there is an SMB share to a Samba device.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 21, 2008

  3. Kashif

    Kashif Guest

    Hi Charlie, Thank you for your prompt response. I found the problem.
    When I log-on to domain as a domain user, User Properties Profile TAB Home
    Folder Connect to is defined for each user as a "H" drive
    \\ServerName\ShareName
    (Drive H: connected to Share \\CompanyName-MachineName\share1).

    Why I have this probelm with this computer only, beacuse this is the only pc
    I purchased with Multiple-Memory card reader and offcourse C, D, E, F G , H,
    I drive was already in use therefore at Log-on to domain I got this error.
    Now I have changed this user Home drive to J and i don't have any event for
    msgina.

    Thanks again,

    Kashif

    Kashif, May 22, 2008