    does nothing. I suspect something such as Ad-Block Plus, the TB spam
    filter or Avast antivirus is trying to tell me this message is
    unacceptable. But how do I find out which and why?

    Stubby, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 on Win2KP.
    >
    > I received a message that displays as a large square with a small red
    > diamond in the upper left corner but no text. Clicking on the diamond
    > does nothing. I suspect something such as Ad-Block Plus, the TB spam
    > filter or Avast antivirus is trying to tell me this message is
    > unacceptable. But how do I find out which and why?

    no, its not text, but an image thats either being blocked or wasn't
    attached properly.

    A few things to check: Tools, Options, Privacy, General, and make sure
    that "Block loading images. . . " in unchecked.

    And check on View, Message Body As should be html. And also while
    there Display Attachments Inline should be checked.

    --
    Pic of the Day -- What a CyberStud looks like:
    http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cyberstudnc6.jpg

    gwtc, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Aido Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >
    >> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 on Win2KP.
    >>
    >> I received a message that displays as a large square with a small red
    >> diamond in the upper left corner but no text. Clicking on the diamond
    >> does nothing. I suspect something such as Ad-Block Plus, the TB spam
    >> filter or Avast antivirus is trying to tell me this message is
    >> unacceptable. But how do I find out which and why?

    > no, its not text, but an image thats either being blocked or wasn't
    > attached properly.
    >
    > A few things to check: Tools, Options, Privacy, General, and make sure
    > that "Block loading images. . . " in unchecked.
    >
    > And check on View, Message Body As should be html. And also while there
    > Display Attachments Inline should be checked.

    I get a simular thing happen, but no square or diamond, just a blank
    page, This happens when trying to view some newsgroup threads, If I
    shutdown Thunderbird then re-open, I can then see the thread when I
    click on it. Any ideas? Doesn't happen often but often enough to be
    annoying.

    Aido

    Thunderbird 1.0.7
    win XP

    Aido, Sep 24, 2006
  4. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Aido wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 on Win2KP.
    >>>
    >>> I received a message that displays as a large square with a small red
    >>> diamond in the upper left corner but no text. Clicking on the diamond
    >>> does nothing. I suspect something such as Ad-Block Plus, the TB spam
    >>> filter or Avast antivirus is trying to tell me this message is
    >>> unacceptable. But how do I find out which and why?

    >> no, its not text, but an image thats either being blocked or wasn't
    >> attached properly.
    >>
    >> A few things to check: Tools, Options, Privacy, General, and make sure
    >> that "Block loading images. . . " in unchecked.
    >>
    >> And check on View, Message Body As should be html. And also while there
    >> Display Attachments Inline should be checked.
    >>

    > I get a simular thing happen, but no square or diamond, just a blank
    > page, This happens when trying to view some newsgroup threads, If I
    > shutdown Thunderbird then re-open, I can then see the thread when I
    > click on it. Any ideas? Doesn't happen often but often enough to be
    > annoying.
    >
    > Aido
    >
    > Thunderbird 1.0.7
    > win XP

    what does your settings show: View, Messages, All?

    --
    The Clever Italian Mathematician . . . continued from yesterday . . .
    The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that

    gwtc, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Stubby

    Aido Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Aido wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> no, its not text, but an image thats either being blocked or wasn't
    >>> attached properly.
    >>>
    >>> A few things to check: Tools, Options, Privacy, General, and make
    >>> sure that "Block loading images. . . " in unchecked.
    >>>
    >>> And check on View, Message Body As should be html. And also while
    >>> there Display Attachments Inline should be checked.
    >>>

    >> I get a simular thing happen, but no square or diamond, just a blank
    >> page, This happens when trying to view some newsgroup threads, If I
    >> shutdown Thunderbird then re-open, I can then see the thread when I
    >> click on it. Any ideas? Doesn't happen often but often enough to be
    >> annoying.
    >>
    >> Aido
    >>
    >> Thunderbird 1.0.7
    >> win XP

    > what does your settings show: View, Messages, All?

    Yes it does.

    Aido. :)>

    Aido, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Stubby

    zincalloy

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I had this problem... see solution below:

    Go to content, check that 'load images' is ticked and then make sure that 'for the originating web site only' is unticked.

    This should sort it.

    Zinc

    :)

    zincalloy, Oct 20, 2006