MSFC image probs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Timo, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Timo

    Timo Guest

    Hey All

    Ive got this problem. Ive got a 6509 w\ Sup2 +MSFC2. I deleted the
    IOS images from the MSFC2 but did not squeeze the flash so they are still
    there on reload. So I boot the MSFC into rommon and I try and XModem
    a new IOS to the MSFC bootflash but it errors out about 1/4 the way through.
    Im using Win XP HyperTerm 9600, 8n1, no flow control. Does this ring a bell?
    Im guessing its erroring out because there isnt enough room on the flash w\ the
    deleted images.

    So heres my questions

    - I cant seem to delete the images from rommon, am I missing something ?

    - Can I use reverse telnet to download images to routers ? Ive got a console
    server , but I dont see any docu on how to do this so I assume its not possible.

    - Ive got a flash card w\ the MSFC2 IOS images on it, however I dont think I
    can
    access slot0: from the MSFC....

    Thanks for any ideas !!
    Timo, Oct 19, 2003

  2. dir bootflash: shows you what? You wont be able to see the flash card from
    romon

    There is no way to tftp files up to the MFSC,..try xmodem -y -s38400, then
    when it is ready to receive close the connection, go to properties, change
    the baud rate, reconnect and try the upload. Worked for me

    Nachum Hurvitz, Oct 22, 2003