    this problem or know what the problem is? It makes
    ado.net a bit tough since I don't have sql server 2000
    installed.
    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Jaime

    Jim Parker Guest

    Try going to your installed apps,
    "Microsoft .NET Framework SDK",
    "Samples and Quickstart Tutorials"

    The first time you access the Quickstart Tutorials it will install the MSDE.
    Try that and see if you have the same problem.

    JD.

    Jim Parker, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    I will try that later, thanks:)

    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Jaime

    Matt Winn Guest

    "Jaime" <> wrote in message
    > I have visual studio.net 2003 enterprise edition and I
    > tried to download and install this today from the website
    > and it was giving me a weird memory error, saying I
    > needed to free up 90 megs when I have 20 free gigs on my
    > harddrive and I even deleted like 50 megs to see if the
    > message would change and it didn't. Has anyone else had
    > this problem or know what the problem is? It makes
    > ado.net a bit tough since I don't have sql server 2000
    > installed.

    I had the same problem installing MSDE, I changed from a typical install to
    a custom install and low and behold it worked. I think the problem is that
    under the typical install there is no destination directory selected so when
    MSI checks for available space it comes back with nothing. This is strange
    behaviour because it always seems to install to the same location anway.

    PS MSDE is excellent and you get a lot of performance before the 5
    concurrent processes barrier starts to become a problem. No doubt designed
    to kill off the freeware databases as well as replace Access.

    Matt
    Matt Winn, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    hrmm, it didn't give me a path option to install to

    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Jaime

    Matt Winn Guest

    "Jaime" <> wrote in message
    > hrmm, it didn't give me a path option to install to

    Oh, sorry I couldnt help. I created my own install with install shield 7
    and merge modules and had the same problem - so I thought you had a similar
    install. Hope you get it sorted.

    Matt
    Matt Winn, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Yeah I'm getting a copy of sql 2000, that should sort it
    out, lol

    Jaime, Sep 27, 2003