    one and all

    Stay safe and warm
    George

    gemini, Feb 7, 2005

  2. gemini

    Brian Guest

    "gemini" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:p%MNd.13933$...
    > How do you get rid of programs in (msconfig)?
    > Thank You
    >
    > one and all
    >
    > Stay safe and warm
    > George

    you mean removing unchecked items from msconfig start-up list?
    start>>run type regedit>>ok
    back up your registry.
    file>>export>>select everthing from the bottom of the dialog box>>select
    destination(somewhere you can remember)>>save.. you can import(file>>import)
    it back later should things go wrong or you delete a key that you need to
    run on start up.
    then read this:
    http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversion/index.php/t45712.html
    to help you find the key/s where th data is stored.

    Brian, Feb 7, 2005

  3. gemini

    Jerry G. Guest

    MSconfig is a troubleshoot utility. If you want to get rid of a program,
    uninstall it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Feb 7, 2005
  4. gemini

    Brian Guest

    "Jerry G." <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > MSconfig is a troubleshoot utility. If you want to get rid of a program,
    > uninstall it.

    You've been reading °Mike°'s posts too long.. shut up.
    Do you know how many apps leave their run/msconfig entries in the registry?

    Brian, Feb 7, 2005
  5. gemini

    Trent SC Guest

    >> How do you get rid of programs in (msconfig)?
    >
    >> MSconfig is a troubleshoot utility. If you want to get rid of a program,
    >> uninstall it.

    > You've been reading °Mike°'s posts too long.. shut up.
    > Do you know how many apps leave their run/msconfig entries in the
    > registry?

    I think the implication is that msconfig by itself is not necessarily the
    answer: using it to identify a potential problem which can then be dealt
    with using Add/Remove Programs, or direct access to the registry key is,
    perhaps, the better option.

    Trent SC, Feb 7, 2005
  6. gemini

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:51:51 -0000, in
    <>
    Trent SC scrawled:

    >>> How do you get rid of programs in (msconfig)?

    >>> MSconfig is a troubleshoot utility. If you want to get rid of a program,
    >>> uninstall it.

    >> You've been reading °Mike°'s posts too long.. shut up.
    >> Do you know how many apps leave their run/msconfig entries in the
    >> registry?

    >I think the implication is that msconfig by itself is not necessarily the
    >answer: using it to identify a potential problem which can then be dealt
    >with using Add/Remove Programs, or direct access to the registry key is,
    >perhaps, the better option.

    I don't know who said the above, about leaving "run/msconfig entries
    in the registry" (you left out all attributions -- it's obviously somebody
    in my shit bin), but to that person, there are NO applications that
    place/leave or otherwise alter "msconfig" entries, other than msconfig.

    As you (Trent) rightly pointed out, msconfig is NOT the answer to
    disabling programs that run at startup, and the idiot that thinks
    so is just that, an idiot.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 7, 2005
  7. gemini

    °Mike° Guest

    Msconfig is a troubleshooting tool, and any items that
    it disables are moved to a temporary location in the
    registry.

    Now, how about you define your problem more clearly?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:50:29 GMT, in
    gemini scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 7, 2005
  8. gemini

    Brian Guest

    "°Mike°" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:51:51 -0000, in
    > <>
    > Trent SC scrawled:

    program,

    > >> You've been reading °Mike°'s posts too long.. shut up.
    > >> Do you know how many apps leave their run/msconfig entries in the
    > >> registry?

    > >I think the implication is that msconfig by itself is not necessarily the
    > >answer: using it to identify a potential problem which can then be dealt
    > >with using Add/Remove Programs, or direct access to the registry key is,
    > >perhaps, the better option.

    > I don't know who said the above, about leaving "run/msconfig entries
    > in the registry" (you left out all attributions -- it's obviously somebody
    > in my shit bin), but to that person, there are NO applications that
    > place/leave or otherwise alter "msconfig" entries, other than msconfig.

    listen you mental idiot(if i am in your shit bin somebody might quote this
    and you'll read it). If i uninstall a programme and it has a shitty
    uninstall procedure then i am stuck with a msconfig entry just because the
    entries are left in shared key in the registry. regardless if they run/work
    or not. so, the only way to get rid of them(the entries(understand)) is to
    delete the keys in the shared/msconfig key in the registry. now. the way the
    OP was stated, it seems like he/she/it wants to get rid of entries no longer
    needed (which have *been* uninstalled but the fucking registry entries are
    still there. (no.. not in RUN or RUN ONCE but in shared/msconfig you fruit
    bat!) and not uncheck(or even uninstall) them. So.. shut the **** up and
    wait out to see if he/she/it comes back to give more info.

    Brian, Feb 7, 2005
  9. gemini

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:51:51 -0000, "Trent SC" <>
    wrote:

    >>> How do you get rid of programs in (msconfig)?

    >>> MSconfig is a troubleshoot utility. If you want to get rid of a program,
    >>> uninstall it.

    >> You've been reading °Mike°'s posts too long.. shut up.
    >> Do you know how many apps leave their run/msconfig entries in the
    >> registry?

    >I think the implication is that msconfig by itself is not necessarily the
    >answer: using it to identify a potential problem which can then be dealt
    >with using Add/Remove Programs, or direct access to the registry key is,
    >perhaps, the better option.

    The best option is often to simply disable it in msconfig...rather
    than delete anything from the registry...especially for a neophyte.

    The same approach can be taken for a piece of problem equipment. Its
    often better...and even necessary...to disable it rather than
    uninstall it.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Feb 8, 2005
  10. gemini

    gemini Guest

    I have three or four of the same subject and I wish to get rid of some of
    them
    thank You

    gemini, Feb 8, 2005
  11. gemini

    °Mike° Guest

    That is you defining your problem more clearly?
    I am still none the wiser to you REAL problem.

    On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:15:58 GMT, in
    <OGZNd.171297$>
    gemini scrawled:

    >I have three or four of the same subject and I wish to get rid of some of
    >them
    >thank You
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Msconfig is a troubleshooting tool, and any items that
    >> it disables are moved to a temporary location in the
    >> registry.
    >>
    >> Now, how about you define your problem more clearly?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 8, 2005