    msconfig?

    Thank.

    Rob

    Rob, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Rob

    Ant Guest

    Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
    it.

    Ant.

    Ant, Feb 25, 2004

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:15:51 -0000, "Ant" <> wrote:

    >Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
    >it.
    >
    >Ant.

    Isn't that a different thing to msconfig?

    Ipconfig is a DOS utility which can be used from MS-DOS and a MS-DOS
    shell to display the network settings currently assigned and given by
    a network. This command can be utilized to verify a network connection
    as well as to verify your network settings.

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

    Pauline Johnson, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Rob

    Budweiser Guest

    "Ant" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
    > it.
    >
    > Ant.
    >
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > > In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
    > > cannot find msconfig.
    > >
    > > I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
    > > msconfig?
    > >
    > > Thank.
    > >
    > > Rob

    I may be regarded as a loon----but msconfig is completely different to
    ipconfig
    Rob i have no idea why you do not have that function---on the daft side, are
    you running software that may deny this?--not that i have come across
    one--the likes of pc medic/washers etc

    On another tac---does fdisk/mbr work with xp?---probably going to get
    slapped for that ,but would like to know the answer----was kind of a "magic
    bullet" on previous o/s

    Budweiser, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Rob

    Max Guest

    "Ant" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Go to Run, type cmd, OK, at the command prompt, type ipconfig. That's
    > it.
    >
    > Ant.
    >
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > > In Run, when I type msconfig, it gives me a messege telling me that it
    > > cannot find msconfig.
    > >
    > > I am running windows xp pro. edition. Can any one help me to restore my
    > > msconfig?
    > >
    > > Thank.
    > >
    > > Rob

    msconfig is not the same as ipconfig.

    Ipconfig is your tcp/ip settings

    msconfig is settings on your pc like startup files etc.

    msconfig i think was excluded from 2000 but as you run xp you should have
    it, perhaps its been deleted.

    I think you can download it here -
    http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads.html - it can also be ran on 2000 pcs
    for anyone who is interested.

    Max

    Max, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Rob

    °Mike° Guest

    Check that it exists in [Drive]:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries
    If not, open a command prompt, and type:

    sfc /scannow

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:10:53 GMT, in
    <hKR_b.16808$>
    Rob scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Rob

    °Mike° Guest

    What has ipconfig got to do with msconfig?

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:15:51 -0000, in
    <GOR_b.2767$>
    Ant scrawled:

    --