    on the screen for a second then goes away. All other video is fine. What can
    I do to get msconfig working again. Windows 98 S. Thanks. Bill

    ---
    Bill H, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Bill H

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bill H said:

    > I installed new video drivers and now when I try to run msconfig it flashes
    > on the screen for a second then goes away. All other video is fine. What can
    > I do to get msconfig working again. Windows 98 S. Thanks. Bill

    Run it at a DOS prompt.

    Scrap the AVG sig please, this is usenet, not e-mail.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Bill H

    °Mike° Guest

    Try extracting the following files from your Windows disk.

    Msconfig.exe ---> windows\system folder
    Msconfig.chm ---> windows\help folder
    Msconfig.cnt ---> windows\help folder
    Msconfig.hlp ---> windows\help folder

    How to extract original compressed windows files
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;129605

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:23:36 GMT, in
    <sEwXa.87489$>
    Bill H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2003
  4. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:fJwXa.4779$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| I installed new video drivers and now when I try to run msconfig it
    ||| flashes on the screen for a second then goes away. All other video
    ||| is fine. What can I do to get msconfig working again. Windows 98 S.
    ||| Thanks. Bill
    || Run it at a DOS prompt.
    || Scrap the AVG sig please, this is usenet, not e-mail.

    Is that the reason you want the sig scrapped, because it's usenet and not
    email?

    Don't you normally have a sig when you post in usenet?
    Shouldn't you lead by example?
    Or are you allowed to have a sig while others are not?

    ||| ---

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.
    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003