    Small problem here. I can't get msconfig to run. I try and
    try to get it to go and nothing. Any ideas??

    RB
    jerkball, May 16, 2004

  2. jerkball

    Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:30:08 -0400, jerkball <> spewed
    forth:

    >Hey All,
    >
    > Small problem here. I can't get msconfig to run. I try and
    >try to get it to go and nothing. Any ideas??
    >
    > RB

    What Operating System are you using?
    Are you getting an error when you try and access it?

    Any particular reason why you want to use it? Want to disable startup
    programs......there is a better way.
    If it's XP are you logged in as administrator or have equivalent
    rights to use MSCONFIG?
    --
    Mark

    Otherwise known as
    ------------
    Cablenetguy
    , May 16, 2004

  3. jerkball

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    jerkball <> wrote in

    > Small problem here. I can't get msconfig to run. I try and
    > try to get it to go and nothing. Any ideas??

    You don't say the OS you are using, so I'm assuming you are using 98, ME,
    or XP as they are the only OSs that come with msconfig. It probable that
    you have a piece of spyware or a virus on your computer that is closing it
    on you. Try booting into safe mode and running it from there. Also, if
    using XP, open Task Manager and look for any abnormal processes running.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 16, 2004
  4. jerkball

    Matt Guest

    if you've got 2000, just copy it from a 98/xp machine. I think only some of
    the functions will work, still gives you access to the startup items.

    Matt, May 16, 2004
  5. jerkball

    mark mandell Guest

    "jerkball" <> wrote in message
    > Hey All,
    >
    > Small problem here. I can't get msconfig to run. I try and
    > try to get it to go and nothing. Any ideas??
    >
    > RB

    I had the same problem a few weeks back along with Regedit not working. Was
    due to a virus.

    Mark Mandell
    mark mandell, May 16, 2004
  6. jerkball

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:30:08 -0400, jerkball <> wrote:

    >Hey All,
    >
    > Small problem here. I can't get msconfig to run. I try and
    >try to get it to go and nothing. Any ideas??
    >
    > RB

    Do a file search for it. Make sure its on your computer.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, May 17, 2004
  7. jerkball

    jerkball Guest

    Running Win98. Ran Macaffee, came up with nothing.
    jerkball, May 17, 2004
  8. jerkball

    Stuart Guest

    jerkball wrote:

    > Running Win98. Ran Macaffee, came up with nothing.

    Check for spyware as well.

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 18, 2004
  9. jerkball

    Maybird Guest

    Maybe you can try SFC (Start->Run) to check the completeness of your Windows
    files.

    Maybird, May 19, 2004