msconfig takes forever

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John McCallie, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Win98, Compag 4880. When I run msconfig, it takes about 15 min. for the
    screen to appear. Any suggestions? Thanx, John

    John McCallie, Jun 20, 2004

  2. John McCallie

    Boomer Guest

    "John McCallie" <> wrote:

    > Win98, Compag 4880. When I run msconfig, it takes about 15 min.
    > for the screen to appear. Any suggestions? Thanx, John

    Hi

    Start with this.
    °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

    Boomer, Jun 20, 2004

  3. John McCallie

    °Mike° Guest

    In addition to Boomer's advice, download, update and
    use *all* of the following (in addition to scanning your
    system for viruses):

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/