    ago. Which is the best way to tidy up the startup section and remove these
    entries.

    Bob
    Bob B, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Bob B

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Bob',

    Compare your msconfig startup programs with those on these lists:

    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php#THE_PROGRAMS
    Full-list Zip is best

    Having made the comparison, if you decide that you would like to delete
    some of your programs from msconfig startup, download this excellent
    little tool and it does the job easily and efficiently.

    http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
    Scroll to and chose the first STARTUP.Zip

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    > In msconfig under Startup I have a number of orphan entries which are
    > unticked. Most are from Norton System works which I uninstalled a few

    months

    Emrys Davies, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Bob B

    Conor Guest

    In article Bob B says...

    www.windowsstartup.com

    --
    Conor

    Legal leeching....
    www.pricelessware.org
    Conor, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    --
    This is the place for all your fancy dress and christmas gifts
    http://www.thelaughingstock.co.uk/
    "Conor" <> wrote in message
    > In article Bob B says...
    > > In msconfig under Startup I have a number of orphan entries which are
    > > unticked. Most are from Norton System works which I uninstalled a few

    months
    > > ago. Which is the best way to tidy up the startup section and remove

    these
    > > entries.
    > >

    > www.windowsstartup.com

    Thamks to Emrys for that info. Your programme looks just what I need Coner
    Ta

    Bob

    Bob B, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Bob B

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Bob - Download and run this .vbs file: Clear Disabled Items from
    Msconfig Startup
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/msconfigdisabled.vbs from Kelly
    Theriot's site.

    --
    Please respond in the same thread.
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

    In news:ttKrd.102$,
    Bob B <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Bob B

    Guest

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:33:54 -0000, "Emrys Davies" <>
    wrote:

    >'Bob',
    >
    >Compare your msconfig startup programs with those on these lists:
    >
    >http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

    This site isn't 100% accurate. It led me to think I had all sorts of
    worms and viruses! I did all sorts of scans of my system but nothing
    was found. At least it did tell what the file names meant though.
    , Dec 4, 2004