    MSConfig Startup list?

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Bob

    Unknown Guest

    You need to uncheck the items in start up, then do a 'find' for them in the
    registry (regedit) and delete them there.

    Unknown, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Bob

    moi Guest

    Regedit

    and clear everything you do not need

    moi, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Bob

    Ron Martell Guest

    Bob <> wrote:

    > Evenin' all,
    >
    >I have recently purchased SpySweeper and was totally amazed at the
    >amount of spyware on my system but thankfully now it has all been
    >removed by SpySweeper.
    >
    >Anyway, have finished removing the spyware I had a look in MSConfig
    >just to check that the entries had gone from the Startup.
    >Unfortunately they were all still there.
    >
    >Does anyone know how I can remove the affending items from the
    >MSConfig Startup list?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Bob

    There are seven run keys in the registry that are used to start
    programs:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Bob wrote:

    > I have recently purchased SpySweeper and was totally amazed at the
    > amount of spyware on my system but thankfully now it has all been
    > removed by SpySweeper.

    I suggest continuing with AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy as well.
    Sadly, no one program gets 100% of this crap these days.

    > Anyway, have finished removing the spyware I had a look in MSConfig
    > just to check that the entries had gone from the Startup.
    > Unfortunately they were all still there.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can remove the affending items from the
    > MSConfig Startup list?

    Even though it's said that MSConfig's startup list should be used as a
    diagnostic only, I suggest disabling stuff from the startup list from
    there. (Use AdAware and SpyBot first to see if you can rip those out
    that way before taking that step, though.)

    Good luck. I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together.

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Sep 7, 2004