    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

    Gunjani, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Gunjani

    Rory Guest

    You can get a prog called system mechanic, shareware, which will allow you
    to delete the ones you want.

    Rory, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Gunjani

    ron Guest

    "Gunjani" <> wrote in message
    > How do I remove all the unchecked items in the startup list in Msconfig
    > so they dont appear next time Msconfig is run?
    > --
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Gunjani
    > First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

    Locate them in the registry and delete them. Make sure you make a copy
    first.

    ron, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Gunjani

    Ron Martell Guest

    Gunjani <> wrote:

    >How do I remove all the unchecked items in the startup list in Msconfig
    >so they dont appear next time Msconfig is run?

    Use Start - Run - REGEDIT

    There are seven run keys in the registry that are used to start
    programs:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    Startup items that have been disabled with MSCONFIG will be listed in
    an adjacent key with a minus sign added to the name (e.g. Run- or
    RunOnce-)

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --