Msconfig-Programs stopped

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Agnes L, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Agnes L

    Agnes L Guest

    Win xp pro/Toshiba CD/DVDW/Nero

    I'm trying to resolve a cd/dvd rom problem (won't read disk), and
    wondered if the stopped programs below, particularly the smart card,
    universal plug & play, removable storage, and IMAPI may be a
    contributing factor. Thanks, Aggie

    MSCONFIG
    WMI performance adapter
    Volume Shadow copy
    Uninterruptable Power S
    Universal Plug & Play
    Smart Card
    Remote Access Auto Co
    Removable storage
    Networl DDE
    Network DDE DSDM
    IMAPI Cd-burning Com

    Agnes L, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Agnes L

    Icarus Guest

    "Agnes L" <> wrote in message

    > Win xp pro/Toshiba CD/DVDW/Nero
    >

    > I'm trying to resolve a cd/dvd rom problem (won't read disk), and
    > wondered if the stopped programs below, particularly the smart card,
    > universal plug & play, removable storage, and IMAPI may be a
    > contributing factor. Thanks, Aggie
    >

    > MSCONFIG
    > WMI performance adapter
    > Volume Shadow copy
    > Uninterruptable Power S
    > Universal Plug & Play
    > Smart Card
    > Remote Access Auto Co
    > Removable storage
    > Networl DDE
    > Network DDE DSDM
    > IMAPI Cd-burning Com

    Yes. Just untick the damn things and get on with your biz.

    Icarus, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Agnes L

    Erick Guest

    And leave Universal Plug and Play off. It causes more harm than good.

    "Icarus" <> wrote in message

    Erick, Jan 13, 2006