    Any help would be much appreciated..I am having real problems, even without
    this.
    Thanks
    and3w, Aug 21, 2006

  2. and3w

    Shwetabh Guest

    http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/detail.php?id=808
    Check out the above link. As, the site says, it's used in relation with
    memory dumps.
    Try uninstalling Azereus, Java Runtime Environment and Firefox and
    reinstalling them again.
    It should solve your problem.

    Shwetabh, Aug 21, 2006

  3. and3w

    and3w Guest

    Top post:
    Ok, thanks mate..I have tried that and rebooted and hope all goes well..will
    now remove & re-install all the progs you have suggested. Does this mean
    you think it may be a conflict between them? Is there any particular order
    I should re-install them in?
    Anyway, thanks

    and3w, Aug 21, 2006
  4. and3w

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:01:57 GMT, "and3w" <> wrote:

    >Please can anyone help me with what this is that has just turned up on the
    >MSCONFIG utility 'startup' section? I don't have any idea what it is, and
    >it seems to have co-incided with my puter totally crashing every so often,
    >azereus not working properly (says is a Java fault), and Firefox crashing
    >(says it is a Flash problem)
    >I have no idea if these are connected, but this is what has appeared on my
    >msconfig menu:
    >Startup Item: dumprep 0 -k
    >Command: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    >Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >
    >Also, could someone please tell me where is the best place to post a
    >'hijackthis' file to get good advice?
    >Any help would be much appreciated..I am having real problems, even without
    >this.
    >Thanks

    google is your friend. try this:

    <http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/dumprep/>

    73,
    rich, n9dko
    Rich, Aug 21, 2006
  5. and3w

    Apple-Spam Guest

    On 2006-08-21, and3w <> wrote:
    > Please can anyone help me with what this is that has just turned up on the
    > MSCONFIG utility 'startup' section? I don't have any idea what it is, and
    > it seems to have co-incided with my puter totally crashing every so often,
    > azereus not working properly (says is a Java fault), and Firefox crashing
    > (says it is a Flash problem)
    > I have no idea if these are connected, but this is what has appeared on my
    > msconfig menu:
    > Startup Item: dumprep 0 -k
    > Command: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    > Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >
    > Also, could someone please tell me where is the best place to post a
    > 'hijackthis' file to get good advice?
    > Any help would be much appreciated..I am having real problems, even without
    > this.
    > Thanks

    This is a memory dump routine. I started having these when I installed
    Zonealarm 6 in WinXP SP2. I uninstalled ZA and the problems have stopped.
    Apple-Spam, Aug 21, 2006
  6. and3w

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-08-21, and3w <> wrote:
    > Please can anyone help me with what this is that has just turned up on the
    > MSCONFIG utility 'startup' section? I don't have any idea what it is, and
    > it seems to have co-incided with my puter totally crashing every so often,
    > azereus not working properly (says is a Java fault), and Firefox crashing
    > (says it is a Flash problem)
    > I have no idea if these are connected, but this is what has appeared on my
    > msconfig menu:
    > Startup Item: dumprep 0 -k
    > Command: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    > Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    I think you mean azureus?
    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/changelog.php?version=2.5.0.0

    Dumprep just means an application crashed (Firefox + azureus,
    probably). It sounds like your older azureus is not interacting well
    with whatever Firefox. Update both and make sure you have the correct
    Java installed.

    One problem that has been fixed in azureus was that it liked to take
    over the cpu, leading to problems.

    > Also, could someone please tell me where is the best place to post a
    > 'hijackthis' file to get good advice?

    Search engines (Google, Clusty) are ususally better for these kinds of
    problems, for example:
    http://clusty.com/search?query=azereus windows&sourceid=Mozilla-search

    --
    Variables don't; constants aren't.
    Jimchip, Aug 22, 2006
  7. and3w

    and3w Guest

    Thanks to all for their help....I ?think? it is down to the new version of
    Java conflicting with everything else..I am am going uninstall all then do a
    clean re-install of all 3 programs..just not sure which order to do it
    in..looks like some experimentation may be done :)..I will post the
    results..

    and3w, Aug 22, 2006
  8. and3w

    Daave Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:01:57 GMT, "and3w" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please can anyone help me with what this is that has just turned up
    >> on the MSCONFIG utility 'startup' section? I don't have any idea
    >> what it is, and it seems to have co-incided with my puter totally
    >> crashing every so often, azereus not working properly (says is a
    >> Java fault), and Firefox crashing (says it is a Flash problem)
    >> I have no idea if these are connected, but this is what has appeared
    >> on my msconfig menu:
    >> Startup Item: dumprep 0 -k
    >> Command: %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    >> Location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >>
    >> Also, could someone please tell me where is the best place to post a
    >> 'hijackthis' file to get good advice?
    >> Any help would be much appreciated..I am having real problems, even
    >> without this.
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > google is your friend. try this:

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/dumprep/

    Then again, you may want to try this:

    http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_d.htm

    DumpRep.exe

    Windows Error Reporting Dump Reporting Tool. Found on Windows XP/2003.
    It shows as a startup item whose execution line usually reads as
    "KernelFaultCheck" %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k. DUMPREP creates
    memory dump reports that you can send to Microsoft if you answer "Yes"
    when prompted to send such reports. In our experience this entry only
    shows up for the first time after your PC has experienced a Windows XP
    "dump" crash, or an Office XP or Internet Explorer 6 crash where you
    were prompted about sending the crash results to Microsoft.

    Recommendation :
    It is our experience that having Error Reporting set to ON only causes
    more crashes. The mind boggles at this : in both Netscape and Internet
    Explorer our experience shows that if you turn error reporting ON, you
    will crash often in either browser, if not sometimes always !! You've
    guessed it, avoid Error Reporting like the plague. In both Windows XP
    and Windows 2003 turn it OFF by opening the SYSTEM icon in the Control
    Panel, choosing the ADVANCED tab, and then clicking on Error Reporting.
    Daave, Aug 24, 2006