    HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows:Run
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows:Load

    Has anybody got an idea what the locations might refer to?

    Patrick, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Patrick

    nowhere man Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    news:uPR9b.1442$...
    > XP-HE
    >
    > At System Configuration Utility (msconfig) under the 'Start Up' tab, I

    have
    > these two entry
    >
    > 'Start Item' and 'Command' heading = load of oriental characters (all four
    > ~same)
    > Under 'Location' heading;
    > HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows:Run
    > HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows:Load
    >
    > Has anybody got an idea what the locations might refer to?

    Check your win.ini file and under the first folder you'll see two entries.
    "Run=" and "Load=". There should be nothing after the = sign.
    You'll probably find the critters there. Another thing you can do is to
    modify the entry and place "no" in front of the value. Or something that is
    unique and easy to find later. If the program can't find the entries, it
    either won't run, or will give you an error. Then you can track down the
    program and uninstall it.
    If you haven't, uncheck them and forget them.

    nowhere man, Sep 17, 2003