    msconfig/startup.

    Thanks,

    Mike
    Mike, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Mike

    SwissTony Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    news:qJjDc.4718$...
    > Using MSCONFIG I disabled several unneeded programs.
    > However, I disable "MSMSGS" but it keep retirning to the startup group in
    > MSCONFIG/STARTUP
    > What can I do to disable "msmsgs"?
    >
    > Is there a site I can go to learn which programs are not needed in
    > msconfig/startup.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    start
    -run
    - type services.msc
    - click ok
    - browse down to messenger
    -double click it
    -in startup type, click disabled
    SwissTony, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks that did it. Also, disabled universal plug and pray.
    Recommend disabling anything else.
    ?

    Mike

    Mike, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Mike

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in news:v0kDc.5255$DT5.1837
    @nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

    > Thanks that did it. Also, disabled universal plug and pray.
    > Recommend disabling anything else.
    > ?

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    Duane :)