    the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

    Thanks,
    Bob
    bobbynoggs, Jun 3, 2007

  2. bobbynoggs wrote:
    > Hi gang,
    > Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
    > trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
    > the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

    I'd suggest upgrading to XP, but you can copy msconfig from an XP disk
    and it should work.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 3, 2007

  3. bobbynoggs

    olfart Guest

    or try Startup Control Panel at www.mlin.com
    olfart, Jun 3, 2007
  4. bobbynoggs

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "bobbynoggs" <> wrote in message
    > Hi gang,
    > Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
    > trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
    > the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??

    The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter MSconfig.
    I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the desktop. You can also
    go to task bar, right-click it, go to Properties, Start Menu, and select
    Classic Start menu, which will but the Start button/Run command back the old
    way.

    If you got anymore questions about Vista, then you should post to a
    MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or Setup.
    Mr. Arnold, Jun 3, 2007
  5. bobbynoggs

    Daave Guest

    Mr. Arnold wrote:
    > "bobbynoggs" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi gang,
    >> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
    >> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
    >> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??
    >>

    > The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
    > MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
    > desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
    > Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
    > the Start button/Run command back the old way.

    Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.
    Daave, Jun 3, 2007
  6. run is in accessories...

    Christopher Syn, Jun 3, 2007
  7. bobbynoggs

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Daave" <> wrote in message
    > Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >> "bobbynoggs" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi gang,
    >>> Just trying to familiarise myself with Vista but am having trouble
    >>> trying to find MSCONFIG. There doesn't seem to be a 'Run' command in
    >>> the Start menu anymore so how do you access this utility??
    >>>

    >> The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
    >> MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
    >> desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
    >> Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
    >> the Start button/Run command back the old way.

    > Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.

    I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more. :)
    Mr. Arnold, Jun 3, 2007
  8. bobbynoggs

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message

    > "Daave" <> wrote in message
    >> Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >>> "bobbynoggs" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> The Run command is in the Programs Accessories. and you can enter
    >>> MSconfig. I sent a short-cut for Run and Command Prompt to the
    >>> desktop. You can also go to task bar, right-click it, go to
    >>> Properties, Start Menu, and select Classic Start menu, which will but
    >>> the Start button/Run command back the old way.

    >> Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.
    >>

    > I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more. :)

    And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too. After
    pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they call it
    now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the program name,
    press enter.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 3, 2007
  9. bobbynoggs

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Daave" <> wrote in message

    >>> Windows Key + R is another way to open the Run dialog box.
    >>>

    >> I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more. :)
    >>

    > And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too. After
    > pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they call it
    > now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the program name,
    > press enter.

    Have you used the Search function in Vista? I have found that to be most
    difficult, more difficult that it needs to be. What happened to that?
    Mr. Arnold, Jun 4, 2007
  10. bobbynoggs

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Daave" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'll have to get into using those Win Keys more. :)
    >>>

    >> And you can use the "Search" input - programs launch from there too.
    >> After pressing the logo where the Start button used to be (what do they
    >> call it now???) the Start Search line is at the bottom - type in the
    >> program name, press enter.

    > Have you used the Search function in Vista? I have found that to be most
    > difficult, more difficult that it needs to be. What happened to that?

    Not really - but I seldom need to search for anything.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 4, 2007