    certs just to get on I want to have a go at a decent
    one !..I have built pc systems for people and set up
    small networks does anyone think I should go for it ?

    arnie UK, Jan 25, 2005

  2. In news:011001c50314$368aea30$,
    arnie UK <> typed:

    >does anyone think I should go for it ?

    as with Smarties ..... only you have the answer.

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    Who Goes There, Jan 25, 2005

  3. >-----Original Message-----
    >hi all i hope i can get a proper answer ?..I am thinking
    >of a career change and have been using pc's for about 10
    >years and i am wanting to do the MSCE certification..I am
    >a bit apprehensive about it all and just need some idea
    >of what is expected of me.. I am sure i have the ability
    >to pass the exams but just need an idea of the course
    >details . I dont really want to spend years biulding up
    >certs just to get on I want to have a go at a decent
    >one !..I have built pc systems for people and set up
    >small networks does anyone think I should go for it ?
    >.

    Dir Sir,

    The MCSE is over-rated and businesses and corporations no
    longer look for MCSE candidates. You would be better off
    investing your time and studies into the covetous MOS
    certification. This will certainly get you past the HR
    filters and land you an extremely cushy position.

    See here for more details:
    http://tinyurl.com/35zbq

    Keyboard Cowboy MCNGP #14
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Keyboard Cowboy, Jan 25, 2005
  4. arnie UK

    kpg Guest

    "arnie UK" <> wrote in message

    > hi all i hope i can get a proper answer ?..

    OK. This is a serious reply.

    > I am thinking of a career change and have been using pc's
    > for about 10 years and i am wanting to do the MSCE
    > certification..

    My son is 15. He also has been using PC's for about 10 years.

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    > I dont really want to spend years biulding up
    > certs just to get on I want to have a go at a decent
    > one !..

    I think what you are trying to say is you want a good job
    in IT without having to spend a long time getting certified.

    You're in luck! You may find this surprising but getting certified
    and getting a good job in IT have very little to do with each other.
    Oh sure, the certs MAY get you past the HR department but they
    won't help you in the interview. What you need is experience.

    > I have built pc systems for people and set up
    > small networks

    Well, if that is the extent of your experience then you may have
    a problem.

    > does anyone think I should go for it ?

    I'm sure there are some, yes.

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    MCNGP.com - We're just like you - only better!

    kpg, Jan 25, 2005