MSCE Training Providers

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?UGFsYWRpbmU=?=, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I am based in the UK and have worked in the IT industry for 15 years
    primarily in a Microsoft environment. I have a vast array of experience in
    many different areas but since I finished my last contract 3 months ago I
    have found it very difficult to get a job.

    Most of the jobs I am seeing advertised are requesting some form of
    professional certificate, which I don't, so I fear I am not even making it
    through the vetting process of the recruiters.

    So I have been looking around and seriously thinking about settling into a
    career path, preferably in a training capacity. I started to look at the MCT
    certificate since the last couple of contracts I have done have been in a
    training role and it is a role I enjoy.

    I am planning on doing an MCSE, Microsoft Office Master and then applying
    for my MCT so I signed up today with a training provider called SkillsTrain
    (here in the UK) who are associated with Scheidegger.

    I was wondering if anyone has any information on this provider or whether
    anyone knows if there is someone I can contact at Microsoft UK, who could
    conirm whether or not this company are legitimate and a recognised microsoft
    training provider.

    I do have the AskPartner hotline number for Microsoft here in the UK as
    published on the back of the Microsoft Partner (Summer 2006) magazine but I
    was wondering if anyone knows of a more suitable number/contact?

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFsYWRpbmU=?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGFsYWRpbmU=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Paladine wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am based in the UK and have worked in the IT industry for 15 years
    > primarily in a Microsoft environment. I have a vast array of experience in
    > many different areas but since I finished my last contract 3 months ago I
    > have found it very difficult to get a job.
    >
    > Most of the jobs I am seeing advertised are requesting some form of
    > professional certificate, which I don't, so I fear I am not even making it
    > through the vetting process of the recruiters.
    >
    > So I have been looking around and seriously thinking about settling into a
    > career path, preferably in a training capacity. I started to look at the MCT
    > certificate since the last couple of contracts I have done have been in a
    > training role and it is a role I enjoy.
    >
    > I am planning on doing an MCSE, Microsoft Office Master and then applying
    > for my MCT so I signed up today with a training provider called SkillsTrain
    > (here in the UK) who are associated with Scheidegger.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has any information on this provider or whether
    > anyone knows if there is someone I can contact at Microsoft UK, who could
    > conirm whether or not this company are legitimate and a recognised microsoft
    > training provider.
    >
    > I do have the AskPartner hotline number for Microsoft here in the UK as
    > published on the back of the Microsoft Partner (Summer 2006) magazine but I
    > was wondering if anyone knows of a more suitable number/contact?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    I would suggest you check out
    <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/training/default.mspx>. On this page
    there are (atleast) 2 links that might be of use to you :

    1. "Find Training"
    2. "Microsoft Certified Partners for Learning Solutions"
    Cerebrus, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Avoid Scheidegger. I was told a pack of lies by their representative and
    pulled out - leaving me with a huge battle to get full reimbursement at the
    time. They're also WAAAAY too expensive (it would have cost me £2,500* to do
    the MCSA 2000 with them). With the kind of experience you already have you
    should have no problems with self study (and it'll be a lot cheaper).

    *Which also includes exam fees apparently. Since pulling out of the
    Scheiddegger contract I have used their course fee to pay for all my study
    guides and exams for MCSA 2003, MCDST, MOS Excel Expert, Security+ and the
    final three exams to get MCSE qualified and STILL HAVE £200 left!

    --
    Certifications:
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

    Darth Windows, Jun 24, 2006