    right into MCSE or having the A+ certification helps

    thanks

    eb nj

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=, Apr 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "ebnj" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If Im interested only in networking should I bypass the A+ cert and dive
    > right into MCSE or having the A+ certification helps

    Go for the A+ first.

    Then go for the Net+ next.

    Then get some real experience. Lots of it.

    Then go for your MCSE or maybe your MCSA, or maybe even start with an MCP.

    I'm not joking.

    Seriously.

    Sigh... nobody listens to me.

    Go ahead, learn the hard way.

    Frisbee®, Apr 17, 2006

  3. Thank you. Im trying to switch careers at age 33. Back the drawing board.
    Seriously though thanks for your advice because I wouldnt know better. I
    have a few friends who are telling me to jump over both A+ and even N+
    because I will never use either of them. Sounded fishy to me.

    Thanks
    eb

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=, Apr 17, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:#IXZi1kYGHA.3936
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > Sigh... nobody listens to me.
    >
    > Go ahead, learn the hard way.

    No, no, no! Whatever is wrong with you today? _Everybody_ knows you start
    at the top these days.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    ebnj <> simply stated:
    > Thank you. Im trying to switch careers at age 33. Back the drawing
    > board. Seriously though thanks for your advice because I wouldnt know
    > better. I have a few friends who are telling me to jump over both A+
    > and even N+ because I will never use either of them. Sounded fishy to
    > me.
    >
    > Thanks
    > eb

    If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or router
    sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent experience.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 17, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Sigh... nobody listens to me.

    Did you say something?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Apr 17, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or
    > router sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent
    > experience.

    that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into neurosurgery

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I wonder if there are any "GUILTY bystanders?"

    Neil, Apr 17, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > _Everybody_ knows you start
    > at the top these days.

    splain's why my firstborn is currently looking for a summer job with the
    title CEO

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Adam's Rib: The original bone of contention.

    Neil, Apr 17, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:Xns97A89A92F423Aneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> simply stated:
    > did you hear "CBIC" <> say in
    >
    >> If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or
    >> router sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent
    >> experience.

    > that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into
    > neurosurgery

    Ahem...note that I said "after gaining some decent experience"
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 17, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    JaR Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in

    > that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into
    > neurosurgery

    You have a problem with that?

    --
    JaR
    M.D.(Neurosurgery)& MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > You have a problem with that?

    so long as I'm not the patient

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Illiterate? Write for FREE HELP!

    Neil, Apr 17, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > Ahem...note that I said "after gaining some decent experience"

    at this point I doubt he would know what decent expereince is

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Tech Tip # 132: Have it up and running *before* you say "just five more
    minutes."

    Neil, Apr 17, 2006
  13. whats the difference between CCNA and MCSE? Which route should i take?

    "CBIC" wrote:CCNA

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=, Apr 17, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    ebnj <> simply stated:
    > whats the difference between CCNA and MCSE? Which route should i take?

    You should research the difference for yourself. Only you can decide which
    route to take.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 17, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Stan Guest

    > splain's why my firstborn is currently looking for a summer job with the
    > title CEO

    You have kid's! I'm amazed, f_ck you must be an alien!

    Stan, Apr 17, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    Stan Guest

    > Did you say something?

    Nothing of any worth.

    Stan, Apr 17, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?=

    JaR Guest

    "Stan" <> wrote in news:1247vjhphvgta1
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > You have kid's

    He has kid's what?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 17, 2006
  18. **Stan's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>

    > You have kid's! I'm amazed, f_ck you must be an alien!

    That was just as incoherent as lowdes' gibberish. Just give up now...you
    can't win.
    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 18, 2006
  19. **Stan's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>

    > Nothing of any worth.

    You're still a moron!
    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 18, 2006
  20. The way I see it, for a newb; that's half the battle...

    When you've never been exposed to the technology in any real depth, and have
    no experience in a comercial environment; then you dont know; what you dont
    know.

    For example, take some kid who uses XP at home and is 'really good with
    computers' one day he decides he'll spend the rest of his days as the IT guy.
    Okay he can play games and use the internet, email etc...

    But ask him to join the machine to a domain... "whats a domain"
    ask him about WINS..."whats WINS"
    ask him about registry... "whats the registry"
    Ask about EFS and NTFS.
    Ask him to explain the difference between NTFS permissions and shared folder
    permissions "duh, whats NTFS". And these are just a few of the basics.

    He doesn't know what he doesn't know. And as I'm finding out, theres a LOT
    to know. Without exposure/experience the newb is a fusked as a dirty slag on
    prom night.

    Experience is great to get if you can get the experience, but what if you
    need a cert to get the job (exposure)? I recon this is half the reason we
    have soooo00o many a$sFu€kers with certs, who cheat their way into a cert, to
    get the job, to learn the skills, who then have to wip out a book everytime
    they have to do somthing simple like work out subnets or figure out how to
    map a fusking network drive. Lets not forget though - as MS sees it they're
    still MCSEs.
    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcGJhY2s=?=, Apr 18, 2006