    Mike
    mikeweb1 at potternet dot com
    (change the obvious stuff to reply by e-mail)

    Mike P, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Mike P

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    you just need to pass 296 and you'll be MCSA/MCSE 2k3

    Kian Wah Lai, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Mike,

    Take a look here for the MCSA 2003 requirements:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/.
    Take a look here for the MCSE 2003 requirements:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/.

    Only Exam 70-292 is needed for you to upgrade to MCSA 2003. You need both
    70-292 and 70-296 to upgrade to MCSE 2003.
    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Feb 4, 2004
  4. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    Thanks I must have been looking at the wrong section on the MS
    website, I can't even find what I saw last night that listed those
    other two exams. (ote to self don't lookup requirements after almost
    falling asleep during accounting class.) I even checked my transcript
    today and the test and new certification are already there. Thanks.

    Mike P, Feb 4, 2004
  5. If you are a MCSA 2K - ONLY, meaning NOT a MCSE 2K, then to upgrade to MCSA 2K3 - you only require 292

    ...... then to add the MCSE 2K3 (Remember, you do NOT have the MCSE 2K) you must add 293 & 294 & 1 Design Exam, which is 4 exams altogether (292, 293, 294, Design)

    As per the http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.asp

    For the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows 2000 credential:

    Networking: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has the option to take Exam 70-292 instead of Exams 70-290 and 70-291. However, Exams 70-293 and 70-294 are still required.
    Client: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has already passed Exam 70-210 or 70-270, which also satisfies the client requirement for MCSE on Windows Server 2003; therefore, no action is required.
    Design: The MCSA certification does not require candidates to prove design skills. To attain the MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certification, you must pass a design exam listed in the certification requirements above.
    Elective: Elective exams are required so that candidates prove technical breadth, interoperability skills, or additional technical depth. For an MCSA on Windows 2000, the MCSA credential itself satisfies the elective requirement for MCSE on Windows Server 2003 because it proves the ability to administer another version of the platform; therefore, no further action is required.

    HOWEVER, if you do have the MCSE 2K, then you only need 292 & 296 to upgrade to MCSE 2K3

    =?Utf-8?B?T3ZlckNlcnRpZmllZA==?=, Feb 5, 2004