    any good braindump sites or question sites.

    Many thanks in advance

    Simon Dean

    Simon Dean, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Simon Dean

    nerd32768 Guest

    www.microsoft.com

    > What kind of timescale should i be looking to pass and anyone know of
    > any good braindump sites or question sites.

    first of all BRAINDUMPS ARE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    second, BRAINDUMPS ARE CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    third, read this posting from the MCSE newsgroup on july 21, 2004

    The Ethics of Braindumping

    The use of Braindumps is a very controversial and
    confusing subject. Part of the problem is the lack of an
    agreement as to what the term "Braindump" means. To some,
    it means emptying everything in your memory onto paper.
    This is actually a great thing to be able to do. When you
    go to take a test, if you can write your notes from your
    studies onto the sheets of paper that they give you for
    just that purpose, it will be a terrific help in taking
    the test. But that is not the most common definition of
    Braindumps these days, and that is where the problems lie.

    "Real Test Questions From Actual Tests!"

    When you take a certification test, you are asked to sign
    a legal statement that you will not divulge the contents
    of the exam to anyone. Some vendors of the less than
    savory kind will pay money to test takers who are willing
    to break their contract with the testing originator to get
    the actual test questions. So dishonesty is involved in
    the creation of these types of Braindumps from the very
    beginning. The creators of the Braindumps will then sell
    these "test simulators" that have "real test questions
    from actual tests" to those who are seeking the
    certification. What they will not mention is that if the
    test taker is identified as a user of these materials,
    their present certification will be revoked, and any
    future certification will not be allowed. Also, the person
    who sold the questions to the vendor will lose their
    certification, and any hope of future certification. And
    what about the vendors themselves? Recently, CompTIA has
    successfully sued a few of the Braindump vendors in court
    and has won the suits. Part of the settlement included
    lists of the customers that the vendors sold their
    Braindumps to.

    "But the Tests Are So Unfair!"

    Back in my freshman year of college, I took a class in
    ethics (it fulfilled the mandatory Philosophy
    requirement). In this class we discussed Situational
    Ethics, which is how do you behave ethically in an adverse
    situation. In the realm of certification tests, there are
    many complaints (many of them valid) that the tests are
    unrealistic and unfair. In Ethics class the question would
    have been phrased, "If a test is unfair, is that a valid
    reason to cheat to pass it?" How you answer this question
    depends on the value you place on having the certification
    versus the value you place on your own integrity. In High
    School and College, most of us would never have even
    considered buying the questions and answers to an exam.
    Why is certification different?

    When Time is of the Essence

    I can understand, and to some extent sympathize with the
    temptation of the Braindumps. If you are under pressure
    from a deadline to take the test or lose your job, and you
    are not ready for the test, the temptation can be
    overpowering. But how many people in this predicament go
    to the boss and explain that they just need a few more
    weeks to study? If you scheduled the test, and then
    realize that you are not as prepared as you thought you
    would be by the time the test is a few days away, you can
    reschedule. I just called a very nice man at Prometric and
    rescheduled a test that I was going to take on Thursday,
    and he was ever so understanding and helpful. I am lucky
    enough be on no ones' schedule but my own, but even if I
    was under pressure from my job, I would prefer to tell the
    boss that I was not ready than to feel that I would have
    to cheat to keep my job.

    Let's Get Practical

    If the ethical argument does not persuade you to avoid
    Braindumps, how about some practical observations? I have
    seen some sites that claim to guarantee that you will pass
    if you use their materials that include actual questions
    from actual tests. But what if you still fail? What if
    their answers are wrong? How do you go about suing a
    company that you bought stolen test questions from? That
    would certainly make for an interesting case! And that is
    something that these companies count on. Also, if you have
    time to memorize the questions and answers, why don't you
    have the time to study and actually learn the material you
    will need for the job that the certification validates
    your skills and knowledge for?

    Who Are You Trying To Kid?

    Suppose that everything goes according to plan, and the
    use of Braindumps to get the certification goes unnoticed
    by anyone. If you have relied on anyone or anything other
    than yourself to become certified, you will not have
    gotten the knowledge you will need to do the job that you
    got certified for. Many companies have technical
    interviews that require you to demonstrate your skills
    and/or knowledge. If you do not really have the abilities
    that the certification claims for you, you will fail the
    technical interview. This will make it that much harder
    for you and for anyone who follows to get the job.
    Companies do communicate with each other, and if you do
    poorly in a technical interview, the word will get around.

    So Why is There so Much Controversy?

    If the only person to get hurt by the use of Braindumps is
    the person who gets caught using them, why is there so
    much controversy and anger over their use? The answer is
    that it is all of the tech community that suffers. If
    people can pass a certification by memorizing the
    questions and answers, the certification loses its value
    as a tool to demonstrate ability to do the job. This then,
    becomes a negative reflection on all who hold that
    certification. Unfortunately, the old adage that old adage
    that "Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win" is not
    always true. Sometimes a person can get a job or a
    promotion by using Braindumps, and it makes the people who
    use traditional study and hard work angry. This is a very
    sad situation. The tech community contains a large number
    of people who stand ready to help newcomers to learn the
    tricks of the trade. The use of shortcuts instead of
    actual learning is so unnecessary, and so divisive.

    Do the Right Thing!

    From both an ethical and a practical standpoint, the use
    of Braindumps is a bad idea. Even if you do not get caught
    and stripped of your certification, if you do not really
    learn the knowledge and the skills you will ultimately
    fail. You may be found out by making a mistake that costs
    the company a lot of money and trouble, or you may be
    found out by your fellow employees. If you really want a
    place in the Information Technology field, you need to
    really work at it. The easy way out is rarely the best
    way. When you have really earned that certification
    through hard work, it is worth so much more than just the
    letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
    me, "Do the right thing".

    Good luck on the road to certification!

    nerd32768, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Simon Dean

    Guest Guest

    How about posting your question ONCE. not threee times

    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Simon Dean

    JaR Guest

    nerd32768 wrote:

    <Non-attributed post snipped>

    > letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
    > me, "Do the right thing".
    >
    > Good luck on the road to certification!

    Nice, but a quiet word of advice, nerd. You should always attribute when
    you use someone else's material, lest you be accused of plagiarism ;-)

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Simon Dean

    Will S Guest

    JaR wrote:

    > nerd32768 wrote:
    >
    > <Non-attributed post snipped>
    >
    > > letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
    > > me, "Do the right thing".
    > >
    > > Good luck on the road to certification!
    > >

    > Nice, but a quiet word of advice, nerd. You should always attribute
    > when you use someone else's material, lest you be accused of
    > plagiarism ;-)
    >
    > JaR

    Indeed!

    Don't Panic!