    why can't I update windows XP?
    any help would be appreciated.
    TIA

    alexandrew, Aug 20, 2003

  2. alexandrew

    MS Guest

    The MsBlaster virus in its wisdom has altered your system so that updates
    can not be installed. I myself had the same problem and the instructions of
    how to rectify the settings did not seem to help me on my windows2000
    system.

    I ended up formatting and starting again.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

    http://www.clickonlingerie.com?SIG - Exotic Erotic Lingerie
    "alexandrew" <> wrote in message
    > I managed to remove it from my system and ran antivirus on my system with

    no

    MS, Aug 20, 2003

  3. alexandrew

    °Mike° Guest

    Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:01:31 -0400, in
    <LgD0b.29309$>
    alexandrew scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 20, 2003
  4. alexandrew

    °Mike° Guest

    Why would I do that?

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:29:17 +0200, in
    <>
    Jani scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 20, 2003
  5. alexandrew

    Jani Guest

    Jani, Aug 20, 2003
  6. alexandrew

    Jani Guest

    The removal procedure may be unsuccessful if Windows XP System Restore is
    not disabled, because Windows prevents outside programs from modifying
    System Restore...

    Read about this in next article...
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    Jani, Aug 20, 2003
  7. alexandrew

    Boomer Guest

    Jani said:

    > Try to disable SYSTEM RESTORE in WINXP and then
    > run fixtool again.
    > Then try update....
    >
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:57:35 +0100, °Mike°
    > <> wrote:

    Why tell Mike?

    alexandrew had the question.

    Boomer, Aug 20, 2003
  8. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:44:10 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Boomer in message

    > Jani said:
    >
    >> Try to disable SYSTEM RESTORE in WINXP and then
    >> run fixtool again.
    >> Then try update....
    >>
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:57:35 +0100, °Mike°
    >> <> wrote:

    > Why tell Mike?
    >
    > alexandrew had the question.

    snip

    This is a manifestation of a (not so) rare malady called "Magrat's Syndrome",
    in which posters reply to the wrong party, and when told they have done so,
    rant and rave that it must be the server or the newsreader or evil gremlins
    doing it, but "It's not my fault." :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1989

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 21, 2003
  9. alexandrew

    Boomer Guest

    The Old Sourdough said:

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:44:10 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my
    > mind boggled at the following statement by Boomer in message
    >
    >> Jani said:
    >>
    >>> Try to disable SYSTEM RESTORE in WINXP and then
    >>> run fixtool again.
    >>> Then try update....
    >>>
    >>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:57:35 +0100, °Mike°
    >>> <> wrote:

    >> Why tell Mike?
    >>
    >> alexandrew had the question.
    >>

    > snip
    >
    > This is a manifestation of a (not so) rare malady called "Magrat's
    > Syndrome", in which posters reply to the wrong party, and when
    > told they have done so, rant and rave that it must be the server
    > or the newsreader or evil gremlins doing it, but "It's not my
    > fault." :)

    Correct! Here's an freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookie for naming the
    malady correctly. :)

    Boomer, Aug 21, 2003
  10. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:20:52 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled

    > The Old Sourdough said:
    >
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:44:10 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my
    >> mind boggled at the following statement by Boomer in message

    snip

    > Correct! Here's an freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookie for naming the
    > malady correctly. :)

    Mmmmm!! Good! Thank you.

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 21, 2003
  11. alexandrew

    Boomer Guest

    The Old Sourdough said:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:20:52 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my
    > mind boggled at the following statement by Boomer in message
    >
    >> The Old Sourdough said:
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:44:10 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my
    >>> mind boggled at the following statement by Boomer in message
    >>>

    > snip
    >>
    >> Correct! Here's an freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookie for
    >> naming the malady correctly. :)
    >>

    > Mmmmm!! Good! Thank you.

    You're welcome. :)

    Boomer, Aug 21, 2003