    Remi Guest

    Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    Remi, Feb 27, 2008

  2. Remi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:57:35 GMT, "Remi" <> wrote:

    >Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    >and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    Good luck with MS keys. You could google Microsoft Works 4.5a key, but
    keep in mind, with most all MS products, there's a dozen different
    versions - OEM, corporate, retail, etc. and a key from say the Retail
    CD won't work with the Corporate CD.

    Use Open Office http://www.openoffice.org

    Evan Platt, Feb 27, 2008

  3. Remi

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Remi" wrote in message news:j1lxj.8466$pM4.1651@pd7urf1no...
    > Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works
    > Version 4.5A and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me
    > with it? Thank you.

    Use the "Contact Us" link on Microsoft's web site to navigate down to
    the product to find a contact at Microsoft to ask them to send you
    replacement installation CDs provided you actually have proof that you
    have a legitimate copy of their product.

    VanguardLH, Feb 27, 2008
  4. Remi

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 27, 9:57 pm, "Remi" <> wrote:
    > Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    > and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    Try in alt.2600.cracks or alt.cracks

    sandy58, Feb 27, 2008
  5. Remi

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Remi.

    In <news:j1lxj.8466$pM4.1651@pd7urf1no> you wrote:

    > Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    > and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    This is not a warez group.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Feb 27, 2008
  6. Remi

    Ragz Guest

    I know this may look abit weird but this is the serial that keeps popping up
    for your program "Ready for this"?
    11111-11111-11111-11111-11111
    in future if you want a serial goto Chinese Google www.google.com.cn paste
    the version in and add s/n next to it then look through the results and the
    serial will be in the listings to copy and paste, Don't enter the sites just
    copy from results.

    Ragz, Feb 27, 2008
  7. Remi

    G. Morgan Guest

    Remi wrote:

    >Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    >and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    OEM key:

    11111-11111-11111-11111-11111 (yes really)

    http://opensourcerules.info/cdkey.html

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

    G. Morgan, Feb 27, 2008
  8. Remi

    Plato Guest

    Remi wrote:

    > Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    > and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    Good thing. You dont want to use msworks. It is designed to make you buy
    MS word/office later on.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 27, 2008
  9. Remi

    Guest

    "Ragz" <> wrote:

    >I know this may look abit weird but this is the serial that keeps popping up
    >for your program "Ready for this"?
    >11111-11111-11111-11111-11111

    I think that was for Win98.

    I just came across a lot of MS works and CD's keys for each, I'll see
    if they were thrown out.
    --

    Sad aftermath of UK earthquake
    http://tinyurl.com/yt8lgs

    , Feb 27, 2008
  10. Remi

    PeeCee Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > "Remi" wrote in message news:j1lxj.8466$pM4.1651@pd7urf1no...
    >> Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version
    >> 4.5A and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it?
    >> Thank you.

    > Use the "Contact Us" link on Microsoft's web site to navigate down to the
    > product to find a contact at Microsoft to ask them to send you replacement
    > installation CDs provided you actually have proof that you have a
    > legitimate copy of their product.

    Nope!

    Couldn't get replacement CD's for Works 2000 a couple of years ago let alone
    version 4.5a.

    Their 'fix' for the problem was to 'buy a new copy'
    Not a lot of use to a user with an older but still useable PC.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 28, 2008
  11. Remi

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You can find one here. http://pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm

    pcbutts1, Feb 28, 2008
  12. Remi

    VanguardLH Guest

    "PeeCee" wrote in message news:fq52jr$11j$...

    > "VanguardLH" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "Remi" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works
    >>> Version 4.5A and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide
    >>> me with it?

    >> Use the "Contact Us" link on Microsoft's web site to navigate down
    >> to the product to find a contact at Microsoft to ask them to send
    >> you replacement installation CDs provided you actually have proof
    >> that you have a legitimate copy of their product.

    > Nope!
    >
    > Couldn't get replacement CD's for Works 2000 a couple of years ago
    > let alone version 4.5a.
    >
    > Their 'fix' for the problem was to 'buy a new copy'
    > Not a lot of use to a user with an older but still useable PC.

    So sometime back in 2005, you asked Microsoft to provide a replacement
    CD for a product that was no longer in mainstream support, and you
    weren't willing to pay the inflated price for extended support. Don't
    expect to get update CDs from Microsoft for a product that is no
    longer within their mainstream support period. Mainstream support for
    Works 9 ends in 2012, and ends in 2009 for Works Suite 2006.

    The OP mentioned Works 4.5a. I didn't bother to lookup its lifecycle
    (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectindex#M). I have never
    used the crippled Works suite so I'm not familiar with what is its
    latest version; i.e. the 4.5a version meant nothing to me. Mainstream
    support for that ended way back in 2002, so forget getting a
    replacement CD from Microsoft, not unless Microsoft discovers a
    warehouse that they forgot about with a load of old version software
    that was collecting dust.

    VanguardLH, Feb 28, 2008
  13. Remi

    Guest

    wrote:

    >I just came across a lot of MS works and CD's keys for each, I'll see
    >if they were thrown out.

    Nope gone, someones stuff was up for grabs (I got some great stuff),
    there was a stack of MS works each with a number on the cd sleave.

    Long story short it was a grab for goods and there is nothing in the
    trash, maybe later; If I get one I will email it to the OP.
    --

    Good luck
    http://i31.tinypic.com/ay63ci.jpg

    , Feb 28, 2008
  14. Remi

    thanatoid Guest

    "Remi" <> wrote in

    > Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS
    > Works Version 4.5A and I've lost the key. Could someone
    > please provide me with it? Thank you.

    These were the only ones I could find on the web. See what
    happens.

    0436397-oem-0029674-76883

    or

    Name: NeONitrO CREW '04
    s/n: 36397-oem-0029674-76883

    or

    111-1111111

    Also found this in my pile of junk:

    Microsoft Products

    There may come a time when you need to reinstall Windows 95 or a
    Microsoft application from its CD-ROM, but the CD key, which is
    printed on the back of the CD-ROM sleeve, isn't readily
    accessible. No problem; enter any three characters, followed by
    a hyphen. Now enter 1111111 and select OK. Setup will proceed
    without a hitch. Instead of 1111111, you also can use any
    combination of seven numbers, which when added, equal a sum
    that's a multiple of seven, such as 1234567. Note: In no way do
    we suggest you use this tip to violate software licensing
    agreements.

    like: abc-1111111

    --
    Savagery of the relationships between people. Here, everyone is
    on the make, all of them doing their damndest to take someone

    J.M.G. LeClézio

    thanatoid, Feb 28, 2008
  15. Remi

    > "PeeCee" wrote in message news:fq52jr$11j$...
    >>
    >> "VanguardLH" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> "Remi" wrote ...

    >>> Use the "Contact Us" link on Microsoft's web site to navigate down to
    >>> the product to find a contact at Microsoft to ask them to send you
    >>> replacement installation CDs provided you actually have proof that you
    >>> have a legitimate copy of their product.

    >> Nope!
    >>
    >> Couldn't get replacement CD's for Works 2000 a couple of years ago let
    >> alone version 4.5a.
    >>
    >> Their 'fix' for the problem was to 'buy a new copy'
    >> Not a lot of use to a user with an older but still useable PC.

    > So sometime back in 2005, you asked Microsoft to provide a replacement CD
    > for a product that was no longer in mainstream support, and you weren't
    > willing to pay the inflated price for extended support. Don't expect to
    > get update CDs from Microsoft for a product that is no longer within their
    > mainstream support period. Mainstream support for Works 9 ends in 2012,
    > and ends in 2009 for Works Suite 2006.
    >
    > The OP mentioned Works 4.5a. I didn't bother to lookup its lifecycle
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectindex#M). I have never used
    > the crippled Works suite so I'm not familiar with what is its latest
    > version; i.e. the 4.5a version meant nothing to me. Mainstream support
    > for that ended way back in 2002, so forget getting a replacement CD from
    > Microsoft, not unless Microsoft discovers a warehouse that they forgot
    > about with a load of old version software that was collecting dust.

    Wow!

    Your reply to the OP suggested contacting MS and asking them to:
    "send you replacement CD's provided you actually have proof that you have
    a legitimate copy of their product"

    I was pointing out that I had done just that for a later version of Works
    (it was for a client who's CD had got disk rot) and MS was just not
    interested.
    So the OP had even less chance of buying replacement CD's for an earlier
    version.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 28, 2008
  16. Remi

    Trudy Harteg Guest

    Trudy Harteg, Feb 28, 2008
  17. Remi

    Gordon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Trudy Harteg wrote:
    >
    > [nothing]

    Well that's better content than most posters here....

    Gordon, Feb 28, 2008
  18. Trudy Harteg wrote:

    [nothing]

    > "Remi" <> wrote in message
    >> Hoping someone can please help me. I need to install MS Works Version 4.5A
    >> and I've lost the key. Could someone please provide me with it? Thank you.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 28, 2008
  19. Gordon wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Trudy Harteg wrote:
    >>
    >> [nothing]
    >>

    > Well that's better content than most posters here....

    Yeah, but she did it twice. Now it's more like a tie. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 28, 2008
  20. What's in a Name?, Feb 29, 2008