    that the copy no longer contains codes but instead has the actual
    hard-wired page number text as they were showing when I did the copying?

    Thanks!

    Leor Zolman, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Leor Zolman

    Miggsee Guest

    Redefine the bookmarks on articles 2+.
    Place your cursor where you want to *jump to* > Insert >Bookmark number them
    simply 1, 2, etc. Then highlight the text you want to jump to (hyperlink),
    and click the little blue globe with a link (or Insert> hyperlink). When the
    hyperlink box opens, click the Bookmark button, and select the predefined
    bookmark.
    Help works, too! :)

    > [I posted this first to a Word-specific group, but this group looks a lot

    more
    > active... ;-) ]
    >
    > I've got a document made up of individual MS Word 97 documents (separate

    ..DOC
    > files), each with their own table of contents composed using bookmarks.

    I'd
    > like to create a single, complete table of contents, but if I try to
    > copy-and-paste the ones out of each sub-document, once they're in the
    > new TOC document all the bookmarks come up undefined (duh).
    >
    > Is there a way to "take a snapshot" of the text before I copy and paste

    it, so

    Miggsee, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Leor Zolman

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Besides what Miggsee said. Copy then click edit>paste special>unformatted
    text.

    pcbutts1, Sep 15, 2003