    bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    Thank you in advance,
    Joe

    Joe@ stupid.com, Dec 29, 2007

  2. Joe wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me whether there is a program out there that will take a
    > bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Joe

    Your file manager.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 29, 2007

  3. Joe@ stupid.com

    Guest

    Joe@ stupid.com wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me whether there is a program out there that will take a
    >bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    >Thank you in advance,
    >Joe

    The sort command will do this.

    Start | Run <type in>
    CMD /K sort /?
    <enter>
    very little info that way.

    Start | Run <type in>
    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
    <enter>

    Click on S then sort
    For a total overview of the sort command.

    --

    Funny, Odd and Interesting Images of 2007
    http://tinyurl.com/2cns8k
  4. Joe@ stupid.com

    chuckie® Guest

    <Joe@ stupid.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me whether there is a program out there that will take a
    > bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Joe

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----

    I usually right click and choose 'Sort By Name', seems to work fine...just
    my two cents...
    chuckie®, Dec 29, 2007
  5. Joe@ stupid.com

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:01:08 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >Joe wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me whether there is a program out there that will take a
    >> bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    >> Thank you in advance,
    >> Joe

    >Your file manager.

    More and more users have no idea what the file manager or Windows
    Explorer is.
    It's already got to the point where they had to put idiot lights in
    the cars.
    Lookout, Dec 30, 2007
  6. Lookout wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:01:08 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone tell me whether there is a program out there that will take a
    >>> bunch of "Word" files I have and put them in to alphabetical order?
    >>> Thank you in advance,
    >>> Joe

    >>Your file manager.

    > More and more users have no idea what the file manager or Windows
    > Explorer is.

    Then they can learn by looking for it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 30, 2007