MS Word Protected document

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Paul Beioley, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Paul Beioley

    Paul Beioley Guest

    Hello

    A bit weird this one.

    We have certain protected documents written in Word97 in a shared area on
    our server. Upon accessing them from a particular XP machine, you get the
    usual "enter
    password" dialogue box or open as read only.

    If you select read only, MS word just doesn't open the document. The Word
    GUI is open but blank. Task manager reports that word is running. The users
    of this PC have full control rights to the folder concerned, and can open
    non passworded docs.

    I have searched for, and where found, removed tmp files; ~.wbk files and
    ~*.do?files.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    --
    Regards