    etc etc

    Does anyone know why this is happening?

    TIA.
    SJ, May 19, 2006

  2. SJ

    beenthere Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am running Windows XP Media Center with MS Word 2002 as part of the
    >office 2002 suite.
    >
    > I don't know why but recently every time I try to open an MS Word doc, my
    > PC tries to install XP professional with Front Page. It obviously then
    > fails to do so with the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a
    > CD Rom" etc etc
    >
    > Does anyone know why this is happening?

    Rt\click on a .doc file, go to properties to see What is trying to
    open it.
    Make sure it`s assigned to open with Word.
    If it is then you`ll have to `repair` M$ Office.
    beenthere, May 19, 2006

  3. SJ

    Ron Martell Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP Media Center with MS Word 2002 as part of the office
    >2002 suite.
    >
    >I don't know why but recently every time I try to open an MS Word doc, my PC
    >tries to install XP professional with Front Page. It obviously then fails to
    >do so with the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD Rom"
    >etc etc
    >
    >Does anyone know why this is happening?
    >
    >TIA.

    There is an update for Office 2002 a.k.a. Office XP or one of its
    components that has not been sucessfully installed.

    The CD you need is your Office 2002 installation CD.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, May 19, 2006
  4. SJ

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    pcbutts1, May 19, 2006
  5. SJ

    SJ Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows XP Media Center with MS Word 2002 as part of the
    >office 2002 suite.
    >
    > I don't know why but recently every time I try to open an MS Word doc, my
    > PC tries to install XP professional with Front Page. It obviously then
    > fails to do so with the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a
    > CD Rom" etc etc
    >
    > Does anyone know why this is happening?

    Thanks for the responses, I re-installed Office and it didnt seem to solve
    the problem. Then I messed about with a setting on Internet Explorer which
    was related to opening a webpage in MS Word Notepad or Excel and it seemed
    to sort it out.
    SJ, May 20, 2006