    preview, they are half-chopped off too there.

    Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page number?

    Thanks in advance

    NG, Nov 11, 2003

  2. NG

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    | Hi All,
    |
    | When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at the
    | centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them in the
    | print preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
    |
    | Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page number?
    |
    | Thanks in advance

    Sounds like paper setup problems - check that your paper size in Word is
    the same as that in your printer properties, and also the same size as
    the paper actually loaded in the printer.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 11, 2003

  3. > Hi All,

    > When I print out my word document, half of the page numbers at
    > the centre-bottom of the page are chopped off! When I check them
    > in the print preview, they are half-chopped off too there.
    >
    > Any ideas how I can get it so that it prints the whole page
    > number?

    For your existing documents, open the document; go to File>Page Setup;
    and reduce the size of the bottom margin.

    To make all new documents use this as the default, you'll need to edit
    "normal.dot".

    Go to Program Files>Microsoft Office>Templates; right click on
    "normal.dot"; select "Open" (*not* "New").

    Go to File>Page Setup, and reduce the size of the bottom margin.
    (Fiddle with the other margins as well, if you wish.)

    Save and exit.

    HTH

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Nov 11, 2003
  4. The bottom margin has nothing to do with it. The problem is the footer
    margin. See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 11, 2003
  5. See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 11, 2003
  6. On 11 Nov 2003, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote

    > The bottom margin has nothing to do with it. The problem is the
    > footer margin. See
    > http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

    Oh -- thanks for that.

    (I could've sworn I solved the same problem by doing the bottom-margin
    thing: I know I've never even touched headers and footers in any way.)

    Harvey Van Sickle, Nov 11, 2003
  7. You don't have to touch the footers to change the footer margin (Layout or
    Margins tab of Page Setup).

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 11, 2003