MS-WORD 97 (and 2000) Envelope and Label Orientation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jeff Wisnia, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. Jeff Wisnia

    Jeff Wisnia Guest

    When I occassionally need to print a name and address on an envelope, I
    have to insert the envelope in my printer oriented differently than
    indicated by the little image on WORD's "Envelopes and Labels" panel.

    I can use the "Options...Printing Options" settings to make the depicted
    orientation of the envelope indicate correctly on the "Envelopes and
    Labels" panel, but that change disappears when I close and restart WORD.

    How do I make the changes stick so I don't get misled and ruin more
    envelopes by believing the little drawing of how to stick the envelope
    in the manual feed slot of my printer?

    Thanks guys,

    Jeff

    --
    Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

    Jeff Wisnia, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Jeff Wisnia

    a-makanji Guest

    do wot i do
    if the envelopes are the same size or most of them are the same size then
    just do the standered stuff and before you close the document down, just
    clear every thing on the page and just save it as a template intead of a
    normal document

    a-makanji, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Jeff Wisnia

    SgtMinor Guest

    Do you have the latest driver installed for your printer? This
    shouldn't happen if the printer is properly identified.

    I'm not aware of a method to change envelope settings directly. The
    workaround suggested by a-makanji makes sense. If you attach the
    envelope to a document and after saving that doc you strip off all text
    and save it as a template, the envelope settings should be there next
    time you use the template.

    SgtMinor, Jun 5, 2004